A Change of Perspective -
1 2 3

thread: A Change of Perspective

Well well well this sport really is a constant eduion of relearning old lessons.
    My euro trade stopped out for rest even which concerns me not at all. What does worry me is the fact my last two transactions must have been traded exactly the exact same style, not as I have found myself performing. Exits are always the toughest aspect of trading, unless you use a compulsory profit target (which can be a sound egy). Together with my loonie trade I had been skeptical of where it had been and left to get a small profit. Though with my euro trade rather than leaving with a profit I dragged my stop to break even. Both are legitimate MO's, my error has been inconsistent.
    So to follow on with consistency lol not quite, I've always believed its quite okay to flex ones principles or even break them, providing two items. One you're totally prepared for the effects and don't doubt yourself if it moves against you, and two that it doesn't become regular or you could simply need to change ur rule novel a bit.
    Most of my signals are generated near the end of their us session, on any given day. But I've often found by that time the move has been such that the proverbial horse has bolted via the gate. So lately I've been entering during the first portion of the uk session, on more powerful looking motions. Its too early to tell how this is really going to pan out, I understand there will be times once I enter only to look hours afterwards and the signal will not be really there. I am cool with that, after all this is a game of averages. So ancient uk session now I've (yes again) entered a brief on the loonie, because its only crossing the 52. The price is 1.0466.

Ok well I'm still in the loonie commerce, I normally could have got out yesterdaybut we had yet another short on the loonie confirm. Since price hasn't moved that much in our favor, I do not feel I'm risking much to remain in. Had price been say 120 - 150 it up would have been more attractive to depart.
    I've also entered a buy on the aussie. At this time its hard to really say exactly what the major trend is. In this case price has crossed the 52, then retraced now its retesting it that is some I'd like to see. Entry was .8989

Somehow this month isn't actually going my way. It happens, thats trading. My aussie commerce got blasted last night for 89p, and also my loonie commerce was left for b/e. I am not a big fan of reversing, but both of the above trades merit it inside this case. The loonie has crossed a critical moving average, and also the aussie has produced a kisstrend. I was unsure whether I should hit them considering I am down 243p for your month, and this being the previous week. But I hate to let anxiety about depositing money in my trading, also because I feel relatively calm about it, I've put both transactions. Aussie short @ .8911 and loonie long @ 1.0566

I'm glad feb is over, to be fair its the worst month I have had in the last year. Down load a total of 243 pips. Interestingly in many cases I traded to my plan. I did err a little as explained in earlier articles but for the most part it was ok trading. The one thing I've done differently is to trade a bit more aggressively. This past year I was conservative, same transactions but I required less. Is this the right route, well the jury is still out and we are going to see. Because trading is a game of averages, its very difficult to ascertain the success or failure of an edge over a relatively short space of time, like a couple months. Six months or a year gives you a clearer image.
    I left both my aussie and loonie transactions from last week only now, 86p down (aussie) and 56p down (loonie). Bit of a brutal to begin the new month lol!
    In the instance of the aussie I've reversed (currently going long). The loonie, I'm now going short. . I'm not a massive fan of switching direction unless its with a valid signal. The aussie is well and really valid, the loonie may be debated its own slightly premature. In this case I'm happy to take the risk and accept the results.
    I have also taken a pt position on the euro (extended ). Its against the major trend however has rather a way into the 52. The volatility has been pretty crazy on the euro lately so I'm comfortable it has the ability to go a distance.

Oppps tardiness in abune.
    I should have submitted this over the weekend, but rather did not get a chance. I exited both aussie and loonie ancient friday. In hindsight this was not the wisest move, considering the two transactions have gone farther in my own direction. Really the loonie is debatable given I left with 183p. The aussie well it had not gone in the four times, and with the weekend coming I left for b/e. Unfortunately it did eliminate, late Friday and so far now too. But hey protect profit is better than hoping to get a smaller reduction.
    Nothing much of interest up to now except may be a settup on the euro. Both systems are taking a look at a buy, so maybe tomorrow might be worth a shot.

Today I'm going long the aussie, dependent on a pt entry. Lets hope it goes farther than the past long. I have also gone brief on the pound too according to a pt play. Not much else to talk about going on.

I exited both aussie and cable this morning ounce time. Not for huge profits though. Recently I have seen many winners turn into losers and it will get a bit dull. Last night both transactions together were up over 150p. Now I pulled out for 43 (ounce ) and 32 (cable). Funny thing is I'm back in the aussie today (another confirmation). I might be a little hair triggered here, leaping like I did, but I'm ok with it.

Weekly Post,
    Oh my this week has been crazy, barely enough time for anything....
    Well from being at the oz trade in the previous weekend (which I left Friday for 41p) wasn't the best I could hope for but I did hang on a little long.
    Tuesday I entered a cable brief, which was an error, fortunately I went soon after I realized, netting me 39 pips to the 2 trades.
    Thursday I went on the cable again this time I got smashed for 100p. Bit rough so far....
    Friday I went short on either the cable and the euro, which ended near market 233 up. Soooooo unless I get a massive gap market open the week was a good one - Finally!
    Technically it was a 20p reduction week, but with trades running is looking fine up to now.

Well occasionally things do really go better than you hope.
    Like I said yesterday, hoping for somewhere near Fridays near, I really got 103p on euro trade, and 226p on my cable trade. Which brings my yearly effect to 323p. Which is excellent for me. So my trading to the end of March will be zip!

April was a non event in trading terms for me. I had off the month, so far this month was fantastic, will update soon.

•