From 10k to 1 million... -
1 2 3 4 5

thread: From 10k to 1 million...

Congratulation RESPECT !
    I think that your platform is oanda, maybe not marketindex - Right?
    Because in the transaction field are differend descriptions, I visit only market order rather than limit orders. That means you not buying dip's by limit orders?
    You mentioned XWILC is using SL by larger positions now I saw it in the journal.
    Good idea and I will implemente this in my BWILC style. Thanks for enhancing my learning curve.

Good morning

Review

Friday was a bit of a ranging afternoon and I closed out everything right above 1.50 in the Euro and abandoned no places available into the weekend. Merely to recap: Revenue came in largely better than expected which did light some fire under the risk rally.

Analysis

So what now? I am not that sure really. We had a great run the last weeks without almost any noticeable retracement. I am a bit cautious now, especially to the Euro. Sure, there is still plenty of room to the upside and that I believe we might move up to 1.53/54 first but who knows? I do not. For now I am long with a 1:1 in the EUR/USD and will search for signs of weakness. There are still too many traders already short in this pair.
    In the Aussie I live long as well as in the NOK and CAD. The initial both currencies are quite solid, the NOK will see a rate hike next, which might push this pair further. The Aussie is led for parity, although the RBA doesn't want to do anything against it that is a good sign to push higher! The Loonie will see parity also, but might go a but higher. I'll add shorts in this pair the way up.

Strategy

Wait for some signs of weakness to enter a short in the EUR/USD. Generally buy dips from the Dollar.

Open transactions

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/o...ons_261009.png

Prices

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/prices_261009.png

Account Summary

Beginning date: 08-Jan-09
    Opening Balance: EUR 10,000

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/account_261009.png

Fantastic morning

Review

Yesterday I wrote: We had a nice run the very last weeks without just about any noticeable retracement. I'm somewhat cautious now, particularly for the Euro.
    For now I'm long using a 1:1 at the EUR/USD and will Search for signs of weakness.

We had that weakness and rather than going short I kept my long and added to it down the way. The Euro got hit hard and was pushed down to 1.4850 but this move was not followed at the Asian session but obtained purchased again there...
    I figure I need to read my own stuff here. So what happened yesterday? Nothing particular, just profit taking I believe. Stocks went down and so did the currencies. Looks like the connection between the stocks and the Dollar are still valid.

Analysis

What next? The question is: Is it over or just the start? I really don't think we'll see a trend reversal now even though it can go down into the 1.45/46 place easily. I really don't think it will go considerably deeper for now. For me this is presently a great dip buying opportunity but I started overly competitive yesterday by starring on a hourly chart. I'm pretty high geared now and will need to offload some places if it drops again. The following service is 1.4850 for now, so I'll see whether that holds or not. Below that there is plenty of space down to 1.45.

Concerning the CAD I Believe this is a Fantastic buying opportunity in Addition to for AUD and NOK. Oil obtained hit hard the last days but that will be temporary.

Ultimately this drawdown remains nothing to worry about beside the fact that my leverage is too high.

Strategy

Still buying dips and viewing the 1.4850 support. If it breaks down, then shut some longs and reserve the losses.

Open transactions

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/o...ons_271009.png

Prices

AUD/USD 0.9170
    EUR/USD 1.4890
    GBP/USD 1.6340
    USD/CAD 1.0700
    USD/CHF 1.0180
    USD/JPY 92.00
    USD/NOK 5.5950
    Gold 1040
    Silver 17.10
    Oil 76.80
    Dax 5640
    Dow Jones 9870

Account Summary

Starting date: 08-Jan-09
    Starting Balance: EUR 10,000

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/account_271009.png

Congratulation RESPECT !
    I believe your platform is oanda, not marketindex - Right?
    Thank you and that is accurate. I use both Oanda and Marketindex but with this project I use Oanda.

Because in the trade field are differend descriptions, I see only market order and never limit orders. That means you not buying dip's by limit orders?
    Indeed, I use limit orders very seldom. I need to use them more often it's only I am too lazy to use them...

Good morning!

Review

Okay, the 1.4850 support was blown away from the early NY session, and so I decided to reserve some reductions to reconstruct my longs around 1.48. I added a long at the EUR/GBP in 9044 and yet another long at the Aussie this morning after the fall at 9100. Dow closed almost unchanged yesterday but Asian markets are down.

Analysis

Technically 1.48 appears to provide some support as it is the 50% retracement of the last upmove at the daily time period. This is a significant thing today - for me - if this 1.48 will hold or not. There's very little resistance till 1.45 under...

Until now we are still in an intact up trend and continue in the Dollar can still be considered as a simple profit taking thing along with the fact that this correction was a bit overdue. I still see this as great dip buying amounts even though I am not that sure when we achieve the highs at 1.50 degrees again in the next days. My first targets are 1.4920 from the Euro.

The Norge Bank is going to have a rate meeting today and the consens is that they will hike the rate 25bps. More important will be the assembly then if this will begin a new rate hike circle or not. They might talk down the NOK a bit but fundamentally the NOK is among my favorites right after the AUD.

Plan

I am now really high leveraged (but have some ceases at BE) and will see if I could reserve some winners . Would like to view 1.4920 again.

Open trades

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/o...ons_281009.png

Prices

AUD/USD 0.9120
    EUR/USD 1.4830
    GBP/USD 1.6370
    USD/CAD 1.0660
    USD/CHF 1.0200
    USD/JPY 91.30
    USD/NOK 5.5950
    Gold 1040
    Silver 16.70
    Oil 77.20
    Dax 5630
    Dow Jones 9870

Account Summary

Beginning Balance: EUR 10,000

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/account_281009.png

Thank you for sharing your own egy. Indead, very useful for my learning!

Fantastic morning!

Inspection

Woah, there was a significant activity the very last days and the dip in the currencies was a bit deeper than I anticipated but finally stopped in the 1.47 service in the Euro. I've been too much leveraged really (again) and that is why I had to offload some of my rankings with a reduction. Just note that this is something which shouldn't be mandatory trading the pure BWILC design and keep in mind that leverage is a double edged sword.

Right, so GDP came in better than Anticipated. I thought it'd come in weaker and the markets did price in such a drop but well, 3.5%. US is currently out of recession officially. Think it or not. The currencies and stock markets left a significant leap to the upside down and so did my account.

I added more to my EUR/GBP long position in the reduced 8914 (that was a lucky shot!) . I think it was a bit bizarre reaction regarding the GBP shoot up but maybe not the Euro. I wonder about that because fundamentally the GBP is quite weak against the Euro.

Analysis

I do not buy that story about the outside of recession item and we will see additional losses but I expect that this stupid connection between shares and currencies finally break up. This way bad news could be bad for both stocks and the Dollar - how it should be.

Technically we are still in an uptrend. We may test the highs round 1.50 again however, the air is already thin there. No question the greater GDP may light some fire under the stock markets again and encourage the flow to higher yielding currencies but for how long is the question.

Strategy

No modifiions, hang in the longs but watch the current support of 1.47.

Open transactions

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/o...ons_301009.png

Prices

AUD/USD 0.9130
    EUR/USD 1.4830
    GBP/USD 1.6530
    USD/CAD 1.0680
    USD/CHF 1.0190
    USD/JPY 91.30
    USD/NOK 5.5950
    Gold 1047
    Silver 16.60
    Oil 77.40
    Dax 5590
    Dow Jones 9920

Account Summary

Beginning Balance: EUR 10,000

http://www.xaron.net/dl/fx/2009/ib/account_301009.png

Hello,

first of all - thx for visiting my website and leaving a footprint...

After a member there posted a link for this amazing thread - I spend quite a while here and studied all of your posts.

In my eyes you did really a fantastic job so far and eventually you have earned something after this bad beginning;--RRB- Hope, that you will keep this momentum and succeed with your wish to achieve a seven figure money level. Still quite a ways to go. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Forex is a subject I have never touched yet, but reading your and many other threads , it has become an interesting topic for me personally and who knows - maybe I will spend some time to really have a deeper look to it and give it a chance...

Wish you good fortune!

In the meantime I will enjoy the thousands of posts here and try to get something out of it for my trading...

regards, MB

Hi...I guess we had our excnt using eur/usd last week....My stop was shot out when I had been away in the computor....With that the usd moving with all the stock mkt, it's hard to forecast any direction within this pair. . .guess its best to sit out this e and wait for a better song....Hope it didnt put you down to much! .... Continue the good job...

Thanks guys, very kind of you!

I have some bad news (for me personally ). I need to set this project on hold for a minute because I only need that cash back for a short time. So I can not move right now.

Sorry for that. But I'll continue with far lower amount to stay in touch with the markets and will continue with my livetrading. I'll begin a new thread for this and will observe that I continue with my briefings.

It's a bit gloomy but nothing to worry about it will only extend the deadline unfortunately.

Thanks for understanding

Best regards -

P.S.: I'll revive this thread if I can continue.

•