Hi all

Primarily I would love to say I am not positive if this is the ideal forum for this particular thread, mods can move it if they wish, just want to tell my little story of this trading.

A bit of background ....been trading off and on for 9 yrs now, went through the majority of the phases I think, trading the dow thinking I'll be a millionaire in 3 yrs....didn't happen, bought trading appliions, the bugger rewrote yesteryear to make itself look great!
Discovered Foreign Exchange, nice trends ah this is it for me sorted today, include lots of indiors,take them away, add them again, try and follow other peoples approaches, go to chat rooms select different traders brains (most traders lose and in chatrooms they make up trades to make themselves look good or u have newbies telling u that trading 1 minute charts is the best way to go, perhaps it is but it is not for me since I understand now) attempted trading daily, 4hr, 1hr, 8hr, 15min, 5min, 1min charts!!! No I am still losing my bollocks trading!

So

Stopped chatrooms, looked around forums but did not interact much, studying trading publiions here and there, taking a little bit of that and this system here and there and eventually this season in January decided this is it, even if this season doesn't end in profit no matter how big or small I am stopping trading and gont figure out something else to make my fortune.

so.... drum roll....

Been looking over my excel spreadsheet of transactions for the season and knew I was upward 1200 pips give or take a couple pips and there between Feb and today (been operating a complete time shift work occupation in-between and looking after a household too in the meantime) however.... I wasn't sure of the real profits because some transactions I would use the mini account that I do not care about thus smaller transactions and other transactions I would use the fantastic account that I take care of hence bigger transactions. So tonight I looked in the percentages and low and behold the fantastic account is up 165% this season along with also the other account I do not actually care about is up 60%! I am so happy I can not describe it, with stated that the numbers I am trading are very small relatively speaking. BUT just how much can hedge funds make over a calendar year, 30-40% and they're superstars....and no I am not setting up a hedge fund....just nevertheless....

This post isn't a boast about how great I am look at me, I am sitting here looking at the characters delighted, over the moon thinking I have this whole trading thing sorted but I haven't, far from it and nicely from past experience I am not so sure personally speaking I will have trading sorted. Just so happens this season for the first time in 9 yrs I've created a profit and I am gonna do my very best to make sure next year is a bigger profit. Personally I think anybody that tells you I have trading sorted just follow me is talking bollocks, markets move and change so much it is all about cash management at the close of the afternoon, you look at the Rand pick is this commerce worth taking, there will always be another commerce.

Closing point I understand there are several other traders out there making over me, fair play to them I really wish them the best of fortune, all I am saying is I've finally discovered what works for me and next year I'll be better because looking back over my transactions I am thinking jesus I left some shit trades however. . I got off with it, next year I want not to make them shit trades.

So

Dunhalf hope this thread to be pulled to ribbons if it is it is, just telling my story, seen a few good folks over the years becoming put off forums because of negative feedback (simple to become a hardman/woman behind a laptop or pc ) hence why I kept my distance over recent years. Very tempted to mention traders who affected me dunno....doubt they look on trading forums anymore and even when they did would they notice me (I am return to Moneytec here). Have a look at the close of the day it is all good like lifestyle you take out of things what you may and you also get of things what you put to them. This is just a small message to anybody out there thinking I can not do so, because you can, sure even today I have days/weeks where I am thinking I can not do so and to be truthful I am convinced there is a lot of hedge fund managers/proprietary traders that think the exact same thing.

I am sure everybody knows the stats, 95 percent of traders lose because they give up after the first calendar year, the ones which make it into yr 3 or 5 blah blah blah, know of somebody that had these stats and they are frightening.

There is light in the end it is up to you if you really want to get there and reach all you want to attain in life, remember that this is the only chance at it, I hope that you attain everything you want to. I understand I am on my way there.... at last