A Complete Portfolio of Forex, Precious Metals and Equities.
1 2

thread: A Complete Portfolio of Forex, Precious Metals and Equities.

A Complete Portfolio of Forex, Precious Metals and Equities.

Greetings,

If some of you like reading about some other traders apparently never ending journey at trading profitably, then check in from time-to-time to see just how I'm doing. . .You are welcome.

I'm 49 years old married for 21 decades and live in Denver, Colorado. I live a modest lifestyle and believe in paying money for everything, long before Dave Rey had his show on Fox Business. I'm a car enthusiast and love to detail outside my Hummer H2. If a person came to me a stated would you like to have this Maserati...I'd say okay. . .then sell it for the money (to drop in trading #9786;-RRB- and maintain my Hummer. I do not need a different car for the very first time in my life.

I upgrade this hyperlink below, often. The portfolio is my effort at diversifiion, with a focus on Forex. I use the hyperlink below as it's far easier to upgrade 1 place and post it on different places. I expect that it is fine.

Why am I posting this? Well hopefully for your comments, criticism's and to discuss your experience. I like to post from these Forum's and that I like traders. Trading is my life's work, eventhough I can't say I've defeated it. . .actually far from it. I have the passion for trading and also have delt with my denial. . .and my gambling...I'm human. I thought I wanted to trade OPM, but I have reasoned that this isn't for me...I've realized that I should learn to trade my own money successfully. . .and I'm not the celebrity that is required to make others money professionally and have absolutley nothing to offer you. One requires talent to become anothers money investing machine or adviser. . .this I'm not.

I'm always seaching for new MA's, EA's, MF's and Equities to add to the portfolio, but that I move gradually. I have a comment tab that I post to with each upgrade.

To date I have not done well and have endured a 43 percent drawdown. I'm focusing on controlling the drawdown and the candidates with this portfolio has to demone that. I favor lower drawdown vs. greater yield. . .silly I know. . .but I must live and find a place where I could park my money for retirement when working at my full time job and make a better yield than the usual CD.

Hopefully, this thread is going to be the start for me to earn some money. . .but I realize that within my lifetime of trading I can not gain back what I've lost in money and time. This ribbon is for the fire...

http://www..com/BrightIdeas.xls
    upgraded 05/06/08
    upgraded 05/10/08

ES

I start this thread talking about drawdown and you post a one-liner around PiPboxer using its 50% DD...I simply do not get you TD...

but okay you got my interest. . I highlighted in red something that you wrote below. . .what do you mean?

ES

some folks gave the thread a poor rating because the account brought down 50% this season... BUT.... That is why you've got an account in the first place, right?

I only updated the portfolio spreadsheet. There was a mild increase of 115.13 within the last two days. See the opening article for the connection. The Franklin Precious metals finance is liable for the bulk of this increase.

ES

Can you see pipboxer

No,

Could you discuss some comment on it? I'd love any information, if you may consider to discuss. Your opinion is most significant. . .not just a hyperlink.

ES

did you see pipboxer

Well the EA includes a history of live trade calls with 100% gains in less than a year

the man who owns the EA is al parsai from canada

there is a thread where al articles all his live trade calls and updates it daily. Some people gave the thread a poor rating because the account drew down 50% this season... BUT.... That is why you have an account in the first place, right?

Anyhow, I don't possess PB and don't have an opinion one way or the other. The simple fact that he has posted good returns with live calls is fantastic.... He connects you to a live broker announcement every time he posts.

I consider risking 50% to create 100% unacceptable. . .is why I am not profitable?

ES

Well, that is a chicken before the egg type question IMHO

it all comes down to if you think you're gambling when you trade, or if you truly have an edge

here is your question:

is there some reason, after dropping 20 times in a row, so that your system will not lose another 20 times in a row?

Consider that....

A method in 50% drawdown can drop to 75% drawdown (1/2 of 50%) and what could you do?

I think the only way to produce huge returns is to overleverage, but then again, you risk blowing off the account....

so.... Perhaps put only 5% of your bankroll in such systems.

Just a thought

Hey es another idea

if 15 percent drawdown is so essential, why even bother having the other 85% from the account?

Sure, you want some margin money, but most of your 85% sits dormant and unproductive

that is why I said that is what you experience an account for, right? In other words, the account is dedied to drawing .... Otherwise, it is not helping (except to draw interest from oanda???)

Td,

I think your missing the point.

For a method to FIRST be judged that it shouldn't drawdown by much in the MINIMUM lotsize. Then when you're able to determine its volatility and loe a low drawdown there is nothing that stops you by ramping up lotsize and allowing the markets movement maximize your profit, not your leverage. The market moves up and down enough that you hone your skills and derive your profit with that motion, not the worthiness of the pip only. . .The real great trader can let the market do the job. . .this are a master trader IMHO.

The robustness of a machine must be a minimum of 2:1 of return to risk BUT like no more than 17% will be ideal for your risk. . .exposure and leverage only hold that value and get more bang for your dollar. . .if you start out with a reduce drawdown and can get double the return, envision what ramping up could do for your own profit? You have to start with a low DD to ramp up from. . .this is greatest.

But Pipboxer should risk 30 percent to create 60% for a trader to enable you to remain in the game at 200:1. 50% for a 100% is too rich for my blood and I would have to get my finger over the move in funds button 24/6 to avoid the margin call....it just gets to close for comfort.

ES

P.S.. Here's the question which many forget. . .How much lotsize does PipBoxer use to find this 100% with this 50% reduction?

P.P.S.. The strongest system are the cheapest lotsize to maintain 2:1....that will be 0.01 in IBFX or one unit in Oanda. . .then ramp up from there. . .Your balance doesn't matter in this calc, aside from return on your money tied up. . .but I think that your getting my point now right?

•