MetaTrader and Position Sizing question

thread: MetaTrader and Position Sizing question

MetaTrader and Position Sizing question

Hi All,

I Am using metatrader. Once my position (2 lots) is in profit by approximately 10 pips I'd love to take half an position to lock in some cash. I can't figure out the best way to do so with MetaTrader. Every time that I try it all does is open a new status in the opposite direction. Any thoughts? I am using the one from Strategy Builder Fx.

Due
    cm

Righto - That's what I tried to begin with. But when I do is greyed out. I cannot change this value .

Perhaps it's a broker thing? Which broker do you use?

Thanks,
    cm

Righto - That's what I tried to start with. But when I do the drop down box that includes position size is greyed out. This value can not be changed by me together with my version of MT4.

Maybe it's a broker thing? Which broker do you use?

Thanks,
    cm
    North Finance

Steve

Hi All,

I Am using metatrader. After my place (2 lots) is in profit by around 10 pips I'd love to take half an place to lock in some cash. I can not work out the best way to do so with MetaTrader. Each time I attempt it all does is open a new status in the opposite direction. Any ideas? I'm using the one from Strategy Builder Fx.

Due
    cm
    You can right click the place you would like partly close. Choose'Close Order' to show the Order page. Change the quantity to the value you're to close, then shut it.

Happy trading,
    Steve

•