Trading news events with banks and algos -
1 2

thread: Trading news events with banks and algos

We'd New Home Revenue better than expected along with a positive surprise in Consumer Confidence. USDJPY in retracement mode. US GDP - Preliminary in 80 minutes. Will attempt to get either into the 112.00 resistance or short with a bigger target at 109.00.

The Best situation would be that USDJPY climbs higher to the 112 area and has sold away from there fueled by worse than expected GDP figures.

USDJPY topping out in the 112s... not considering any longs here, positions closed from New Home Sales and Consumer Confidence.

The Fed's preferred inflation gauge US PCE is expected today. According to information, this is very possible to have at least a short-term impact on the currency, bond and commodity markets. Setting my progr up on tools: 30 Y and 10 Y bonds, GOLD USDJPY and stocks. On USDJPY expecting 30 pips as the shoot profit, about 200 pips as the 2nd. Will track price behavior before the release to get more detailed amounts.

Hello doktorforex.

Thanks for this sharing.

I've some question.

Firtsly, Which are these news events what we must look? (crimson and orange news or what ?)

I believe I begin to comprehend your way but please answer some of my question. You select a new event and have a trade based on the results of the news? Or you take a trade before the news? (for example on Nov 27 arrived a positive new concerning the US dollar (New Home Sales) , at this time you instantly proceed a good example on USDJPY? Or do you wait around for something different?

Moreover, You completely take your commerce based on the news? Right after the news release?

Finally, could you tell me how do you determine your exit stage?

I trust you will understand my queries becaue my english is not my native language.

Thank You for your answer.

First:

All news events which have a history of moving the markets are thought to be possible candidates. I am running statistical analysis for most major and also some small events to judge if I could construct a profitable egy from them. Generally, these events show specific patterns that I am attempting to exploit. If one event (US CPI for example) reacts on typical 20 pips (USDJPY) into a 0.1 deviation, and over one hour the ordinary advance/decline is let's say 50 pips, we could pretty easily make a winning egy from this.

Conclusion:
    Each event differs. If it is going to provide you an edge, one can't judge only by the colors.

Secondly:

Yes I am mainly reacting to news events. That is, if an event deviates from forecasts, this is actually the time when I am becoming interested in going short or long. On Nov 27th, a reading was in New Home Sales, we had US consumer confidence numbers that are positive. USDJPY was at 111.10 then. Today, it exchanged at 112.45. (Now, it is retracing).

Third:

I am taking my trade WITH the news. Am using a news feed and software for it.

Fourth:

No problem. I conduct egies at the exact same time. 1 approach is utilizing data in order to define exits. Another one utilizes levels of service and resistance. Period is being used by A one as a exit criterium: closure after some time period. (60 minutes, 120 minutes, respectively)

In Trading, money is produced by planning carefully and implementing with discipline.
    Very great chances are fairly rare. This trade was almost perfect!

This is fundamental trading in real time. I love it

•