A Fx Broker Needed Because No Broker Allowed* In Malaysia
Page 1 of 503 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: A Fx Broker Needed Because No Broker Allowed* In Malaysia

  1. #1
    Hi Valued Traders

    I need HELP !

    I'm a newbie in Malaysia. I have studied fx and demo MT4 for 2 years. Now I think that it is time to open a live account (mini/micro kind ) to get familiar with the real time trading platform.

    *In Malaysia, except for bankers, we don't have accredited fx broker as of this writing. This connection explains.
    Https://www.cliqforex.com/trading-sy...al-dollar.html

    I hope you can urge your broker that you've been using and pleased with the broker in duration of overall support and the platform.

    PLEASE: NO NO NO INPUT FROM AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF THE BROKER.

    Thank you so much for your input and time.

    Warmest Regards

  2. #2
    Yes I know that Malaysians are allowed to Create foreign investments but that is not Exactly What I've Been talking about all this time:/

  3. #3
    1. Hmm. . When people keep saying things such as, the legislation comes into effect, I'm still not sure what law they mean. Can anybody point out to me which law so that I can look it over?

    2. As a Malaysian citizen and licensed Bank trader, I'd like to think I'm pretty proficient enough in my country's rules and regulations (BNM's ECM9 is my particular favorite) joining a citizen's best to invest in foreign currency assets. So naturally I'm worried if there was a law I'm not aware of.

    3. Should you say there was a crackdown recently, I have never heard itbut I will take your word for it did happen.

    4. You are living in KL? I hope that you enjoy it here so far. Nevertheless, perhaps you are not aware that stable http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_direct_investment (FDI, as economists call it, that's the only investment which should matter to a country) has come into this country at a fairly good clip despite this country's exchange control measures since 1997. I see this flow fairly often in my capacity as a bank trader.

    5. So I'm not certain how having retail brokers licensed in Malaysia (which will serve only a small percentage of retail punters domestically, by the way) will help bring foreign business investment (as you put it) in this country. Or if this investment may even be beneficial to my country.

    6. Now that I think of it, who exactly are you and your group serving? The interests of the fellow citizen investors or the interests of the foreign business investment?

    7. Nevertheless, I'm not one to knock someone else's way of making cash. So I want you and your group well on your negotiations with BNM. Although, being intimately familiar for the past 15 years with how BNM guys operate, I'm not too sure you will get very much. I want you well no matter hope you'll keep us updated as to your progress.

    8. For the details of the casual reader, Malaysian principles provide for citizen's ability to invest in foreign currency assets without the need to have DOMESTIC retail FX brokers. As long as they do not speculate against the ringgit. This is fact.

    9. Perhaps the reason retail brokers are not permitted in Malaysia is indeed that investments in foreign currency assets are limited to a more well-informed investor-class and not to ill-informed countryside hillbillies who'll always complain to BNM if they lose their life savings. This is my view.

    10. Let us bear in mind also that a General Election is due within the next 2 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    1) good

    4) They need permission to do this from BNM or else they're doing this illegally. Permission was given in the past for forex expos and conventions. After 2010 though consent hasn't been given and a crackdown ensued after a well known Russian outfit held an expo without consent. As far as I know they're still holding seminars and feeding KFC into the attendees (elegant I know).

    5) They could, however, if there are any forex business logos or some other recommendations given to trade with a forex firm, the legislation comes into effect.

    7) I know how it...

  4. #4
    1) great

    4) They need permission to do this from BNM or they're doing this illegally. Permission was given previously for forex expos and conventions. After 2010 though consent hasn't been given along with a crackdown ensued following a well known Russian outfit held an expo without consent. So far as I understand they're still holding feeding and seminars KFC to the attendees ( I know).

    5) They could, however if there are any forex business logos or some other recommendations given to exchange with a forex company, the law comes into effect.

    7) I understand how it is in your nation. I'm living in KL and I'm part of a team who's negotiating with BNM to prepare forex regulation and licensing to retail brokers in order to attract foreign business investment into Malaysia. The excellent success of sc here just goes to emphasize the fact that there is great potential here for properly controlled and legitimate businesses to flourish without wreak havoc locally.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    It still stands that an unlicensed company can't give courses, seminars, and take deposits, help them to open accounts with said firm, or otherwise help a Malaysian to enter the Forex market.

    No matter how you try to spin it. .
    Hi.
    1. I am not trying to spin anything. I do not conduct seminars or act as an introducing broker.

    2. I myself do not enjoy these conventions dispersing in my nation as they put too much spotlight on valid investor activity in foreign currency assets (that are, in reality, allowed by the laws of my country). I'd enjoy it that as few people understand how to trade FX.

    3. I like my fellow citizens to make their own due diligence and research on the best way best to go about engaging in the aforementioned aforementioned activity. They should make their own investing/trading decisions rather than engage different people to perform it.

    4. As for businesses being unlicensed... I am not sure how they do things on your nation, but in my state businesses don't seem to require any accreditation to conduct seminars. Not an ideal situation, I understand, but that is how it is.

    5. So basically, a company can get a business license for pretty much anything as long as it doesn't involve anything illegal. In other words, a seminar company can, as an example, conduct seminars on trading egies without any reference to anything forex-related and declare the information presented is just for info only (in the disclaimers).

    6. I agree when you say that an unlicensed company cannot offer courses, seminars, and take deposits, help them to open accounts with said business, or otherwise help a Malaysian to enter the Forex market. However, a LICENSED firm (any business license will do) CAN give short courses and seminars full stop. Unsanctioned deposit taking is, of course, a no-no.

    7. Again, not savory by any stretch of the imagination, but that is how it is in my country.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hello.

    1. I have read this, in fact. (I'm Malaysian, after all). The language of that statement has been covered at length in the other thread here:
    https://www.cliqforex.com/general-fo...uk-q3-gdp.html

    2. And when you have read this thread in chronological order, with reference to my own responses in the same, I believe you'll find my points still stand.

    3. Regardless of this, I heartily encourage the seemingly widespread belief that FX trading (in whatever kind people believe it exists) is prohibited in Malaysia because of my...
    It stands that an unlicensed company cannot give courses, seminars, and take deposits, and assist them to open accounts with said company, or help a Malaysian to enter the Forex market.

    However you try to spin it. .

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Did you see the BNM media release?
    Http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=8pg=14ac=1976

    I believe that covers all 3 of your things above.
    Hello.

    1. I've read that, in fact. (I'm Malaysian, after all). The language of the statement has been covered at length in the other thread here:
    https://www.cliqforex.com/bitcoin-cr...epainting.html

    2. And when you've read that thread in chronological order, with reference to my own responses in the same, I still believe you will find my points still stand.

    3. Regardless of this, I still heartily encourage the seemingly widespread belief that FX trading (in whatever form people believe it's ) is illegal in Malaysia for my own selfish reasons.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    1. Hmm. . I am not sure what legislation you mean.

    2. There is, for instance, no law that I know of in Malaysia that limits people from teaching others how to trade, which is a skill that may be implemented in the majority of markets.

    3. The emphasis is really more on the actions of retail traders (who are Malaysians) who trade FX onshore for other people i.e. these traders are taking deposits without a license, which is the sole legal component that actually matters in this discussion.
    Did you read the BNM press release?
    Http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=8pg=14ac=1976

    I think that covers all 3 of your things above.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I do not think so. The emphasis is much more on brokers that are busy in Malaysia providing conferences, lessons or otherwise actively promoting forex trading in Malaysia. I know of one firm operating like this in Malaysia in breach of the law. I suspect they won't be doing this for much longer.
    1. Hmm. . I'm not sure what legislation you mean.

    2. There is, for example, no law I know of in Malaysia that limits people from teaching other people how to trade, and it is a skill that can be applied in the majority of markets.

    3. The emphasis is actually more on the activities of retail traders (who are Malaysians) who trade FX onshore for some other individuals i.e. those traders are accepting deposits with no permit, which is the sole legal aspect that actually matters in this dialogue.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Other than the fact that I dont understand the point of the post prior to mine...

    Here's the question:

    Can it be prohibited to trade forex in Malaysia if you're seeing Malaysia as a tourist and trade through your UK, Aussie or other Non-Malaysian broker during your stay?
    The short and the long answer is: No.

    However, if you are a tourist, maybe you should take the time to enjoy your holiday instead of worrying about the Eurozone debt crisis (for example).

    LOL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Read more.