Straddle trading EA - Page 3
Page 3 of 5011 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: Straddle trading EA

  1. #21
    91222 Hi staff,
    I have been testing this EA for a couple of weeks. Currently running it live and compiling a list of news events it seems to respond best to (although not taking into account the real content of what is presented during these occasions ). I suppose the hardest part is dealing with slippage and spread, simply. I have stopped using the breakeven feature because it seems to take me out despite price not moving the necessary distance (is that the BE tuned to permit for the entry price affected by slippage?)

    I believe it's relatively safe to test live nonetheless, since the stops are tight and do little harm and the profits could ride.

    Can somebody maybe offer you a proposal as to what occurred here, and how I could adjust settings to avoid it happening in the future? Last night's core earnings, EURUSD and USDCAD gave a gorgeous trip to whatever TP you chance to select (EU chart shown below) but EURCAD lost its head, starting a buy which hit the 100 point SL (fair enough) and then a sell which also somehow hit the SL, despite OCO being turned on. (trade also shown below) Did it happen too quickly to remove the pending sell? It looked like such a good opportunity for a transaction, I am wondering how to adjust settings to make sure we put in on those later on.

    (sorry, could not post the established file for some reason...)


  2. #22
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Good morning, you would like an answer from a person who makes news from 6-7 years? . Yesterday gave the gbp tickmill 35 pips slippage tradenext 44 pips slippage svsfx 30 pips slippage hotforex offquote XTB offquote etx 25 pips slippage xglobal 22 pips slippage swissquote 27 pips slippage fxprimus 29 pips slippage JFD 35 pips slippage trader trust 44 pips slippage -very bad price ig markets off quote BMF 30 pips slippage pepperstone razor 33 pips slippage
    very wonderful insight, to fulfill trader making news commerce for over 6 years. Did you collect all brokers slippage data. I knew these circumstances are inevitable, yet to place all in amount make simpler to ch. Although I am not will all mention broker above. There's two condition mention here, off quote and slipapage, I am sure the off quote would be the requote, which force trader to place another spot given for entries. I am with the cite one, but use GBPUSD upon news straddle, since these pair are had spread than any other major such EURUSD and USDJPY. And I would like hear more slippage effect upon these pair, especially with my current broker trading requirement. Sorry for asking too much, btw did you tracked those all amount or using custom indior.
    Thank's a million.

  3. #23
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hi group, I've been testing this EA for a few weeks. Currently running it reside and compiling a list of news events it appears to respond best to (although not taking into account the actual content of what's presented during those occasions ). I guess the hardest part is addressing slippage and disperse, simply on account of the nature of how we are trading. I've stopped using the breakeven feature because it appears to take me out despite price not shifting the required space (is the BE tuned to permit for the entrance price affected by slippage?) I feel it is...
    run the EA on 1 minute chart and watch the whipsaw before setting away your point

  4. #24
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hi team, I have been analyzing this EA for a couple of weeks. Currently running it live and compiling a list of news occasions it seems to respond best to (though not taking into account the real content of what's presented during these occasions ). I suppose the hardest part is dealing with disperse and slippage, just due to the character of how we are trading. I have stopped using the breakeven feature because it seems to take me out despite price not moving the necessary distance (is the BE tuned to allow for the entrance price affected by slippage?) I believe it is...
    Straightforward, CAD news came out in the same moment. EURUSD moved contrary to USD i.e USD strengthened because of CPI so EUR diminished but so did CAD, hence whipsaw. In the conclusion EUR was poorer than CAD.

    OCO takes couple of seconds so was bad luck you got SL both ways.

    Actually I exchange OCO=fictitious and have a timeout of an hour to get a change. I utilize Pointsaway=100 and SL=500 or 300 for crosses.


    Alan

  5. #25
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    quote Simple, CAD news came out at the same time. EURUSD moved contrary to USD i.e USD bolstered because of CPI so EUR diminished but so did CAD, hence whipsaw. Than CAD EUR was poorer in the conclusion. OCO takes seconds so was bad luck you got SL both ways. I have a timeout of an hour to get a change and exchange OCO = fictitious. I utilize Pointsaway=100 and SL=500 or 300 for crosses. Alan
    many many thanks

  6. #26
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I have stopped using the breakeven attribute since it appears to take me out despite price not moving the required distance (is that the BE tuned to allow for the entry price influenced by slippage?)
    In the case of GBP transactions, many traders especially those based in London have a clue regarding how certain reports such as Retail Sales will come out. I believe that the market was clued up that the amount would beat expectations. Ivan's slippage report showed slippage levels that were average for that circumstance. I personally got slid 18 pips on my broker and I ended up buying 1.56348 but price increased to 1.56436 before falling back after to 1.56237, therefore clearly here using BE would take you out in the event that you set it to ten pips or some thing. If you set it to 15 or even 20 pips then it would have been fine.

    I guess I would not use it unless I expected the price to go far past my entry price before retracing. So one can use 30 pips or 50 pips because that gives you a big enough buffer to ch pips?

  7. #27
    91222hi ALAN can you explain the functions of those input. Slip check and max slippage. How do we use it

  8. #28
    91222
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    hi ALAN can you explain the functions of these input. Slide max and check slippage. How can we use it please
    SlipCheck - Whether to do Cease Loss Reset and Slippage Check
    Should you set SlipCheck to true, the EA will assess for Slippage and reset Stop Losses and Take Profit levels. If you set it to false, the EA will behave more like the original (approximately v1.2.2) and only run the Break Even and Trailing Stop patterns, not the Slippage Check or Stop Loss Reset patterns.

    MaxSlippage - The maximum slippage in points you wish to allow to your orders.
    Regrettably, this value can't stop orders heading live and being slipped in the first place. But if the slippage in an'opened' order exceeds the value set here, the transaction will have the stop loss of it set to the minimum space allowed from the broker. It will be closed quickly, if the trade goes against you. Then is a chance if it doesn't. This parameter requires Take Profit to be set. If you don't want to use Take Profit, then set TP.

    Alan

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Many years using this thread I have decided to begin a new thread specifically for AmazingEA. It is advisable to bookmark and join to it here:-

    https://www.cliqforex.com/trading-sy...t-trading.html

    The reason for this is that I have recently had people ask me where can I download the latest version? And questions about acts which are written about in the Troubleshooting and ReadMe Guide which I mean to upgrade and improve with time.

    Because there is apparently a resurgence in News Trading again, hopefully this reorganisation will help new traders

    I really don't believe this thread is going to be closed but I will repeat this article from time to time....

    Best of Luck !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Read more.