PDA

View Full Version : Can Brokers see your MT4 EA/Indicators and Codes?

adrix_17_boy
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I am beginning to wonder that Brokers can actually see Custom Indiors codes and our EA.

This one is quite tricky to prove/disprove because sniffing at the internet packets with no knowing how data is passed between client to server is like barking at the wrong tree - hence purely argumentative.

Have you got the exact same notion?

nahay2015
07-08-2022, 09:52 PM
Last September, I Had Been trading at IBFX. The helpdesk specifically asked me when I was using EA to exchange... Hmm they know I was using EA? Last Nov, I have to request MIGFX to enable EA trading (after my EA failed to execute). After then, I feel that they can know/determine whether the trade is from EA or not.

IBFX is very sensitive when it comes to news trading or scalping. If you're trading with a EA I guess they can tell by your own trades (instance if your EA straddles about news time).

piliolo
07-08-2022, 11:14 PM
IBFX is very sensitive in regards to news trading or scalping. If you are trading with a EA I guess they can tell by your transactions (example if your EA straddles about news time). They dont care if you straddle. The pip spread already put you out of business, if you don't straddle over 20pips. That is no problem for them, coz they can pick up your order afterwards, normally they freeze platform for about 2minutes during financial event, is dependent on the volatility. Should enough position has been hedged by them, they will place you in the commerce, otherwise, they'll decide the 1st transfer from the freeze to put you near the stop loss and widen the spread to put you out of business after discharge. I saw price from the market, and comparing to my North Finance and InterbankFX account, guess what?! There is not any initial spike!!! If you see short NFP, preNFP has a very long long initial spike up to accept you hedge order, thats the optimized move from the trigger regular in their host. Guess they want 2 host to seperate live and demonstration?! Use your brain and think about it. Utilize your dick if you dont have 1. WHAT?! DONT HAVE?!!! LOL... just kidding.

There is a question in MQL4.com forum if brokers can observe the resources of indicators and experts of their clientele or not. This thread seems to be deleted. I couldn't find it.

However, their response was that they can not. So, this is the official response.

Technically, it is possible of course to plan such an option for a broker they can. I really don't know if we ought to think their response or not, but if you are a developer of MetaTrader, would not you write this little backdoor to it? Or if you are the owner of MetaTrader, what would you do?

I would not make this choice public for every broker, since this information would flow sooner or later. But I would think about making an option . If I'm a snatch theft, will I fetch my car near and give you a honk until I grab your PIPS?! Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1534936959.png When I have a brokeriege firm, I can hunt you to make some fast bucks. Even you move Las Vegas, every once in a while you will hear somebody get a jackpot. The broker isn't neccessarily to hunt you everytime. As I mentioned previously, they do it once in awhile. It is possible to do it this way to prove I'm a lier, make a small trade 0.01lot, place your stop loss at yesterday low/high, open up your tick chart, see what happened when price get close to your stop loss. Few bucks to find the truth out, worthwhile! And save a lot of saliver out of describing.

Regards,

David

piliolo
07-09-2022, 12:36 AM
Some friend of mine Only complain That This issue to me again...(yawn...)

http://www.forex-tsd.com/members/futuremillionaire.html
https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1534936963sds1711036939.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMillionaire?
I simply lost my internet for approximately 15 minutes. When I was able to restore things, my MT4 platforms updated themselves. It could be seen, from the candles, that the price needed, whilst I was off, gone through a T/P level (It was a sell, T/P set to 1.3147, along with the price had dropped to 1.3142 - EURUSD). My absence wasn't completed in by the trade. . And, of course, the price has moved back above my T/P.

Why did not it trigger?

I thought that, when the EA had setup a trade, it would carry out the order, even if the relationship was lost.

Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1534936963sds2121633712.png

It happened again, whilst I was live online.... This was a live account, so that I logged in to the IBFX online chat. This was the dialogue...

Chat InformationThank you for contacting us. The next available agent will probably be right with you. Our goal is quality service. You may tell us by going to this website, how we do today.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with'Client Services 30'
Client Services 30: Hi, this is Jeffery. How may I assist you?
You: I've currently got a commerce on EURUSD. It's a sell, with a T/P of 1.3147. The price fell to 1.3142. Why did not it trigger?
Client Services 30: If the spread was wide in the time that it might not have triggered. Let me look into that for you. One moment please.
You: I saw it return to that amount another time, along with the spread was ordinary then (I had the exact same thought)
you: It went to 1.3146 the second time
Client Services 30: can you tell what occasions you are taking a look at?
You: Now.... Within the previous hour
you: The previous candle about the M30 chart
Client Services 30: at 13:16 and 13:17 AM that the spread was 6 pips
you: Ouch!
You: Why?
Client Services 30: I'm not certain what the excess volatility was at that moment.
you: OK Thanks.

6 pips has rather a detrimental influence in the EAs. I am up to 6 trades in my 10points3... it is rather important that the transfer closes successfully. Needless to say, the price is now moving https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1534936964sds1640675005.png

and there is another picture here in order to share with you men. BEWARE OF HUNTING STOPS.

http://www.marco-family.co.uk/big_spread.jpg

Regards,

David

nahay2015
07-09-2022, 01:59 AM
They dont care if you straddle. The enlarged pip spread put you out of business, unless you straddle more than 20pips. That's no problem for them, coz they can pick up your order later, normally they suspend platform for about 2minutes during busy financial event, depends on the volatility. If they've hedged enough position, they'll put you in the commerce, if not, they will decide the 1st move after release in the freeze widen the disperse to put you and to put you near the stop loss. I found price in the wholesale market, and comparing to my North Finance and InterbankFX account, guess what?! There's no spike!!! If you visit short NFP, preNFP includes a long initial spike as much as take you hedge order, thats the move that is optimized from the trigger regular on their server. Guess why they need 2 server to seperate live and demonstration?! Use your mind and think about it. Utilize your dick if you dont have 1. WHAT?! DONT HAVE?!!! LOL... just kidding.

They do care, if you are successful. Visit the IBFX forums on , and do a search. Clearly some folks were so they had to develop principles about countering...

Sarioli
07-09-2022, 03:21 AM
EA sends sell/buy signals as transactions are executed and they can view it, disable itgive strange quotes to make your EA behave funny if they'd wish it.

InterbankFX says that if transactions are closed and opened within 3 minutes it is considered scalping and they disallow it. Anything remains scalping but they can deal with this. I believe its because of the broker trade mechanics (that they have to set the trades via a clearing house, at least everything that is not micro and mini).

EAs ARE BUGGY! There a lot of lame programmers and wannabe programmers that produce. . They must keep your eye on it and it burdens their systems.

I am quite sure they cannot see your code. That would be a major violation of all that and copyrights. Them will hang .

Sarioli
07-09-2022, 04:43 AM
They do care, if you are successful. Visit the IBFX forums on , and do a search. Obviously a few people were so they needed to develop principles about Alpha... you are able to create an EA that scalps one pip on 2 distribute pair. So basically it eats about the sounds. 1 pip is not much but what if it wins every 25 minutes. . https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1534936959.png

javirv
07-09-2022, 06:05 AM
So is this a qustion of morals, or did you wish to know the reason? The main reason is over limit on orders. I haven't been good at figuring out someone else's morality. LOL
I am just saying that if the broker has a limit on the amount of open trades I could have at one time then their system should reject any orders I ask that exceeds the limit.

cheoxds
07-09-2022, 07:28 AM
The original poster has a legitimate question: can brokers see (steal) our EAs. There would be a massive uproar, if the answer were yes and this is not something which MetaQuotes could survive. I am not a proficient programmer but there are loads of developers who might find the answer out for certain and I believe if brokers did it would be known. By passing through the world wide web, the EA code would have to be uploaded through MT, any network sniffer could pick up this. Of course they'd encrypt the source file but I concur that it would violate copyright legislation and more.

I do believe that the MQ Championship is partially done to get your EA that you must send them although they say they won't decompile them. Since they wrote the software they could decompile them readily if they wanted.

For most brokers the client with an EA is just another way to choose the customer's money, otherwise they wouldn't provide MT at all. My understanding is that brokers choose the side of trades so they simply become interested in what the client is performing as soon as the client begins making money.

A previous poster mentioned the price of trades and canceled trades. I believe he meant a price as in excessive load. But on a demo account since the servers are separate I don't see them caring since of slowing down a demo server, the consequence aren't as vital as servers.

Hope that helped.

Merjttipk
07-09-2022, 08:50 AM
I don't know if there is a way they could see what you is using, but I have seen something happens periodically on MT4 (I'm using NF).

I use snoopfree utility to block key and screen loggers. Frequently when I chance to open a file in the Editor, and periodically though randomly, and usually if a major change is made, I get the screen access attempt caution, so that I think that perhaps there is a system which takes screen shots in the platforms from time to time.

This happens on demo or real account too.

rbg1954
07-09-2022, 10:12 AM
I don't know if there's a way they could see what one is utilizing... They can definitely find the filenames of scripts and experts which opened orders. I know.

cheoxds
07-09-2022, 11:35 AM
I don't know if there is a way they could see what you is using, but I have noticed something happens periodically on MT4 (I'm using NF).

I use snoopfree usefulness to block screen and key loggers. Frequently when I chance to open a document in the Meta Editor, and periodically though occasionally, and usually when a major change is made, I get the screen access attempt warning, so that I think that maybe there is a system which takes screen shots in the platforms from time to time.

This happens on demo or real account as well. I just installed this app. It also says ZoneAlarm firewall reads your screen. My guess is that there are valid reasons it could do this to give performance but I could be wrong.

AnaKarla
07-09-2022, 12:57 PM
My final article wouldn't be applicable to you since you aren't using IBFX. I misunderstood. As far as EAs go check with the broker prior to opening a live account. Some brokers have rules. For instance: I believe you are correct but you are quoting the biggest bullshitters in background of forex being Klaus Richter out of neuimex.
Neuimexis a bucket store and therefore there is 0 repeat zero cost to them of any limit orders...
the reason they hate it is you may get a better price which of course they don't want...

boxxi_2468
07-09-2022, 02:19 PM
I think you're right but you're quoting the biggest bullshitters in background of forex being Klaus Richter from neuimex.
Neuimexis a bucket store and hence there's 0 repeat zero cost to them of any multiple limit orders...
the reason they hate it is you may find a better price which of course they don't want... You're correct. I was trying to show brokers have particular rules that apply to specific types of trading or trading with an EA. Utilizing Klaus was a choice for my case. Considering Neuimex's issues. Here are a few illustrations that are better.

An email I received from IBFX already posted on FF. I do not know whether this is the current limit but it was last autumn.

From MIG's website concerning spreads.
We do accept scalpers but as it's tough to cover such places in the market, we will increase the spreads for customers with scalping strategies.

Mioxra72
07-09-2022, 03:41 PM
OK, visit. . .here's the thing as I understand it.

You, me, the little guy, etc.. .we seem to want all of it. But we seem to be failing to understand the dynamics of the circumstance.

Here is the issue. . .if we want instant liquidity (meaning our orders to go through), and we want FIXED spreads, we will need to accept the fact that the BROKERS will need to incur the risk.

For all those of you who like to point out the CFTC or NFA registry brokers with thier large amounts, you will notice that while there are some brokers that have massive amounts of money (excess net capital, etc), a lot of them pale in comparison with the dimensions of the real registered banks (check out UBS).

The point is this. . .IF the brokers need to eat the risk of an EA opening a thousand orders and potentially profiting from those transactions through scalping, then they are in trouble because they can't off-load the profits onto offsetting positions. . .meaning they will need to pay that money out of their pockets. That's why brokers do these dirty tricks everyone complains about. . .it's since they need to eat that risk.

This isn't always a moral issue, it's a matter of keeping the business afloat. Think, if you are currently with ANY broker that does not directly off-load ALL positions to some bank (which it probably can't due to settlement conditions ), you then run the real risk of being with a broker that's very likely to really go out of business because of the very real danger that being on the wrong side of a lot of scalps presents. SO THIS IS WHY you will discover that if you are labeled a pattern scalper that your trades will start taking longer to execute as they'll be literally passing you off to some bank.

Now. . .keep going on that thought for a second. . .if they are off-loading your commerce don't you think that party will control your broker for pending orders that may be canceled? Of course they would. . .that's why if you have tens of thousands of pending orders, or you change your orders every two minutes (yes, believe it or not, some banks can charge for that also ), your broker will incur a disproportionate cost on a single person and thus do everything they can to stop you in order for THEM to stay solvent rather than put the rest of their traders at a bad place.

Appearance, brokerages are companies. . .and when a brokerage caters to small retail investors, then you believe that they'll do anything they can to safeguard their business. In addition to their trades with the banks, they will figure out ways to be certain their customers don't make money while until they can pawn off their trades onto the banks. As you can imagine, that takes a while (it may not necessarily be lightning fast).

I only see this is the way you'd need to operate a business. I think of it like this...I imagine scalpers (people who can't stay in a commerce longer than 3 minutes EVER. . .this does not mean you can't scalp. . .but individuals who do nothing but open as many trades and close as many as you can beneath that three minute mark) like those who visit a Best Buy or Circuit City and buy a commodity (such as a video game), then after a day or two of actually using the item, they return it for a full refund. Does one create people that are bad that are scalpers? no, of course not. . .but imagine if a person were to do this A LOT. . .always buy something, use and return it. . .they get some worth (not a lot), but return the item. If Best Buy enabled individuals this choice, there would be a few that could take advantage of this. Now, imagine what that could do to Buy as a company if lots of folks were allowed to perform so and took advantage of it. . .it would kill Best Buy.

Again...I am not saying is wrong, but if you are going to do it, then you probably won't succeed (or allowed to perform it for much longer) until you use platforms designed for that purpose (such as ECNs that directly route your order). Those companies are designed to handle those transactions and will probably not try and stop you.

All this discussion of EA's and conspiracies serve no helpful function in my view. You then have only a few options, right if you are paranoid about whether your EA can be seen or used against you?
- don't use EAs
- transfer your code outside your EA (to a DLL)
- use another platform

The concept that brokers would actually use your EAs from you is fairly absurd. Unless an obnoxious number of individuals were using exactly the exact same EA, the only real way the broker could counter commerce your EA is to artificially move the market for everyone. Believe, if you and I use precisely the opposite EA (like let's say you short an MA crossover, and I choose to go long), then what the hell is the broker going to perform? The market would take care of itself, which is exactly what it would have done anyways. The purpose is, why would a broker even want to expend that much energy trying to figure out what your own EA does then try to come up with an algorithm that deals against every single EA (not yours) and can be successful? Then STILL need to satisfied with the market movement in order to avoid arbitrage. You guys are dreaming in the event that you think any broker in their right mind will expend any type of energy. . .it's ludicrous. . .imagine, the number of customers, how many EAs how many variables and on top of that having to contend with the market movement??? Would they frickin care???

Trespol
07-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Broker cannot observe any of your source code. Your terminal only transports commands to broker to execute any actions with orders.

AnaKarla
07-09-2022, 06:26 PM
Broker can not observe any of your source code. Your terminal only transports commands to broker to execute any actions with orders. Which may not be entirely correct.
This is very possible that MT4 has been coded to report any EA that is actively sending orders. I haven't confirmed but there is no technical reason why this may not have been employed by Metaquotes either in request of brokers or in their own volition...
I know for a fact one broker handicapped an EA of my friends and if he asked what was happening they told him he was abusing the system using an EA...

Sarioli
07-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Well that just means their EA do something incorrect.

This may not be entirely true.
This is very likely that MT4 has been coded to report any EA that is actively sending orders. I haven't confirmed but there is not any technical reason why that may not have been implemented by Metaquotes either at request of brokers or on their own volition...
I know for a fact one broker disabled an EA of my buddies and when he asked what was happening he told him he had been abusing the system using an EA...

AnaKarla
07-09-2022, 09:10 PM
well that simply means that their EA was doing something incorrect. It was only trailing stop loss.

Trespol
07-09-2022, 10:33 PM
This might not be entirely true.
This is very likely that MT4 was coded to report any EA that's actively sending orders. I haven't verified but there's not any technical reason why that might not have been executed by Metaquotes either at request of brokers or on their own volition...
I know for a fact one broker handicapped an EA of my buddies and if he asked what was going on he told him he was abusing the system using an EA... Once again, broker can not see any source code of client's indicators or EA. Broker can simply observe a log file of client's activity, and, in the event of abuse server by client's EA, broker can block usage of EA by customer.

Look into source code of your EA and log file of your terminal. I think you said was created tooooo regular requests .

Oxriofx17
07-09-2022, 11:55 PM
Why do they frickin care??? I really don't like conspiracy theories but I see a very valid reason they would want to see an EA's code: '' They could backtest it (yes, backtesting is reliable when you have reliable data and do it correctly ) and when it is profitable they could do at least two things:
1. Hedge your position on the market because they understand that in long term you win,or
2. Give slippage that is bigger to you, place you on guide or anything to ruin advantage of your own body.

Unfortunatelly, mt4 is your best platform I've seen and we don't have much choice here. That is why I like open source software so much.
L

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 01:17 AM
Once more, broker can't find any source code of client's indicators or EA. Broker can simply see a log file of client's action, and, in the event of misuse server by client's EA, broker can block usage of EA by client.

Look into source code of your EA and log file of your terminal. I think you said was produced frequent wrong requests to host.
How do you know that for true?? Have you sniffed packets that are transmitted between mt4 server and MT4?
This is applications. . .just baselessly expecting metaquotes not to incorporate this makes no sense.
I dont actually care or have time to get it done but I would not be shocked if that is reported.

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 02:39 AM
I really don't like conspiracy theories but I see a very valid reason why they would want to see with an EA's code: They can backtest it (yes, backtesting is reliable once you have reliable data and do it correctly ) and when it is profitable they could do at least two things:
1. Hedge your place on the market as they understand that in long term you triumph,or
2. Give you slippage, put you on manual or anything to destroy advantage of your system.

Unfortunatelly, mt4 is the ideal platform I have seen and we do not have a lot of choice here. That's why I like open source software so muchbetter.
L Neoticker is a much better platform in my view. Only thing that Mt4 actually provides is reduced barrier to entry (free) at least in the beginning. But you purchase it - the broker builds that cost in.

Trespol
07-10-2022, 04:02 AM
How do you really know that for a fact?? Have you sniffed packets that are sent between MT4 and mt4 server?
This is applications. . .just baselessly expecting metaquotes to not include this makes no sense .
I dont really care or have the time to get it done but I wouldn't be surprised if that is reported. MetaTrader is well known certified business product. Just thought, what will happen if this product will be found with stole of copyright-protected private source code...

Saoxxx
07-10-2022, 05:24 AM
MT4 is like runs compiled code and any other app. This implies that it does have the english code available. It doesn't even know what is going to occur inside an if statement, unless that if statement condition is fulfilled. You make your EA, Indicator, Script and the what you know as your code in a file *.mq4. This can not run unless you compile it and make a .ex4 file. That is what MT4 executes.

There is know known way to decompile this particular code. That's why you have people selling. They know it won't be usable. When a decompiler was, somebody would have heard of it and it'd be prevalent. It would be foolish to assume that Metatrader and all its clients, and brokers using the software, could keep a decompiler secret.

You can be certain that your code is imperceptible to the broker.

Yet another note: This is a client side program. Meaning you send a sign (buy,sell,etc) and it implements it. It doesn't care if you're on your house computer, work computer or logged from multiple computers at the same moment. It doesn't care since it just waits for a sign to do something.

If you would like to do an experiment to see whether your code has been moved to the broker(for you nonbelievers) just place an if(false) dumby code on your EA. You can then make this code ridiculusly that is dumby large, say 10 Mb. This won't cause your ea to run slower since it's going to never get in this statement, however since it is still code and the compiler never evaluates this if(untrue ) statement to trim code size, all the dumby code is going to be moved (if indeed that happened). You'd have the ability to observe the transfer quantity growth and increase as your broker takes your EA trap.

rodrimolok
07-10-2022, 06:46 AM
Flareup's a wise guy and right about much of the. MetaTrader does not need -- care about -- the source code.

One correction though. It's possible to decompile MetaTrader4 ex4 files.

MT4 is similar to any other app and runs compiled code. This means that it doesn't really possess the compacted code available. It doesn't even know what will happen inside an if statement, unless that if statement condition is satisfied. You create your EA, Indicator, Script and exactly that which you know as your code in a document *.mq4. This can't be run by you unless you compile it and make a .ex4 file. That is what MT4 executes.

There is know known way to decompile this code. That's the reason you have people selling EAs that expire. They know it won't be usable. Somebody would have known of it, if a decompiler was and it would be widespread. It would be absurd to assume that Metatrader and ALL of its customers, and brokers that use the software, could keep a decompiler secret.

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 08:09 AM
MetaTrader is well known accredited business item. Just thought, what's going to occur if this item will be discovered with stole of copyright-protected private source code...
Can you know that Sony and Microsoft have both distributed spyware/malware within their code....Those are only illustrations.
Simply because it is a commercial product does not promise much...
Also I wasn't saying it had been reporting the source code though that too isn't included in the realms of impossibility - that I had been stating that it may be reporting how an EA was implementing certain orders...

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 09:31 AM
MT4 is similar to any other program and runs compiled code. This implies that it does possess the compacted code available. It does not even know what will happen inside an if statement, unless that if statement condition is fulfilled. You create your EA, Indicator, Script and save exactly what you know since your code in a file *.mq4. This can't be run by you unless you compile it and make a *.ex4 file. This is exactly what MT4 executes.

There is know known way to decompile this code. That is why you have people selling. They know it won't be usable. When there was a decompiler, someone would have heard of it and it'd be prevalent. It would be absurd to presume that Metatrader and all its customers, and brokers using the applications, could maintain a decompiler secret.

You may be certain that your code is invisible to the broker.

Another note: This is a client side application. Meaning you send a signal (buy,sell,etc) and it executes it. It logged on from multiple computers, or does not care if you're on your house computer, work computer, notebook. It does not care because it waits for a signal.

If you would like to do a test to find out if your code is being transferred into the broker(for you nonbelievers) only put an if(false) dumby code on your EA. After that you can make this code ridiculusly that is dumby large, state 10 Mb. This won't cause your ea to run slower because it will never get in this if statement, but because it's nonetheless code and the compiler never evaluates this if(false) statement to trim code size, all the dumby code will be transferred (if indeed that occurred ). You'd be able to see the transfer amount increase and increase as your broker takes your EA trap. All EA code is decompilable... EX4 is a bit harder but it also is decompilable...

Mioxra72
07-10-2022, 10:53 AM
L,

I've already explained this in detail. . .IF the broker were to spend any time trying to figure out your EA performs, it'd be a waste since in order to exchange against multiple EAs would demand arbitrage PER CLIENT. Any kind of hedging against one EA may cause another EA to be successful. You're also assuming that an EA is used by a person and never tweaks it. If a person were to tweak their EA often how could the broker combat this?

The slippage debate is somewhat moot since you may inform your EA just how much you are willing to receive slipped. . .otherwise, the order does not execute, end of story.

Like I said, folks, even when they COULD watch your EAs, there's no way that a broker will put nearly as much effort as you're into figuring out how to best combat the EA. That coupled with the fact that the broker would have to figure out how best to exchange from MULTIPLE EAs and you are barking up the wrong tree. There are TOO many factors for a broker to care for them to be concerned about it, nicely system that is YOUR did.

They are simple solution is exactly what I've said all together. They keep losing places in house for so long as they can and they sell winning rankings (by offsetting it with other customer's rankings or selling to a third party bank).

Seriously, the very simple solution here is to put the buy/sell logic inside a separate DLL if ya'll or so paranoid. . .otherwise, I am of the opinion that traders need to be more concerned with their capacity to exchange and less with the way they're getting screwed with their broker.

Seriously. . .who actually cares when the broker can realize your trading method other than. Is that what everybody here is concerned about? Copyright?

I don't like conspiracy theories but I find a very legitimate reason they would wish to observe with an EA's code: They can backtest it (yes, backtesting is reliable when you have reliable data and do it properly) and when it is profitable they can do at least two things:
1. Hedge your position in the market because they understand that in long term you win,or
2. Give larger slippage to you, put you on anything or guide to destroy advantage of your own body.

Unfortunatelly, mt4 is your ideal platform I've seen and we don't have much choice here. That's why I like open source software so muchbetter.
L

Mioxra72
07-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Z,

The spyware that Sony released didn't transfer automatic data from the user to Sony. Not that they could not, but Sony was than to expose themselves into this possibility.

With that said, you're right. . .anything is potential. But I find it highly unlikely that in the event the brokers DID expose themselves to this accountability which:
1) that they could actually use the data in such a manner that by trading against 1 EA it does not give an advantage to another EA.
2) they would really want to waste time once the theory supporting the company is simple. . .house as many losses as you are able to as you can hedge as many positive positions and sell the rest.

Do you know that Sony and Microsoft have distributed spyware/malware inside their code....Those are only illustrations.
Simply as it's a commercial product does not guarantee much...
Also I wasn't saying it was reporting that the source code though that also is not within the realms of impossibility - I was saying it can be reporting the fact that an EA was executing certain orders...

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 01:38 PM
Z,

The spyware that Sony introduced did not transfer automatic information from the consumer to Sony. Sony was more intelligent than to expose themselves, although not that they could not.

With that said, you are right. . .anything is possible. However, I find it highly improbable that IF the brokers DID introduce themselves to the accountability which:
1) that they might actually use the data in this way that by trading from 1 EA that it does not give an advantage to another EA.
2) they would actually wish to waste time once the theory supporting the company is simple. . .house as many losses as you are able to hedge as numerous favorable positions as you can and sell the rest. Who said anything regarding copyright info. . .all I stated is it may be reporting back saying that an EA is initiating the orders. . .that's all. .

Incidentally Sony was a trojan. You could use it to do a whole lot more than simply get copyright advice...

Mioxra72
07-10-2022, 03:00 PM
Z,

I didn't disagree with everything you've posted...I'm just working with what I believe to be accurate, specifically:
- Sony DIDN'T transfer any copyrighted information. . .of course the trojan could have done that, but the simple fact remainsthey didn't (to my understanding )
- What you are saying is accurate, brokers CAN and DO determine that a trade came from an EA. . .this has been established
- Brokers most likely don't observe the EA code which generated it. . .meaning they do not see the actual EA..they just determine that your order came from an EA
- Brokers PROBABLY will not utilize that information if they could see it since it could only be marginally helpful for them. . .and probably not worth their effort counter-act and to try every EA.
- Whatever is possible. . .but just because it is possible doesn't make conjecture any more honest than it is.

Who said anything regarding copyright info. . .all I said is it may be reporting back saying that an EA is initiating the orders. . .that's all. .

By the way Sony was a trojan. You could use it to do much more than just get copyright info...

AnaKarla
07-10-2022, 04:22 PM
Z,

I did not disagree with what you posted...I'm just dealing with what I believe to be accurate, namely:
- Sony DIDN'T transfer any copyrighted information. . .of course the trojan could have achieved that, but the fact remains, they did not (to my knowledge)
- What you are saying is accurate, brokers CAN and DO decide a trade came from an EA. . .this has long been established
- Brokers most likely don't observe the EA code which generated it. . .meaning they do not find the true EA..they just determine your order came from an EA
- Brokers PROBABLY will not use that information even though they could see it since it would only be marginally helpful for them. . .and likely not worth their effort counter-act and to try every single EA.
- Anything is possible. . .but just as it's possible does not make conjecture any more truthful than it is. Are you arguing with me or somebody else...
I believe I was fairly clear...I never said Sony attempted nor did transfer copyrighted material. Nor did I suggest MT4 would. . .or that brokers would find EA code helpful...

Mioxra72
07-10-2022, 05:44 PM
Z,

that I was not arguing with you...I was trying to say that you and I'm on the exact same page, and that I was offering some caution regarding what I was thinking.

The tone sounds argumentative, I'm sure. . .but I promise you, I merely tried to clarify my own position, which will be inline with yours.

Are you arguing with me or someone else...
that I believe I was fairly clear...I never stated Sony tried nor did move copyrighted material. Nor did I imply MT4 would. . .or that brokers would find EA code helpful...

nahay2015
07-10-2022, 07:07 PM
Can they see the experts tab?

Favanexxa
07-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Can they view the experts tab? Type of. Servers do supply a log, so that they could observe all trading action. They can't see Print statements if this is what you're asking for.

nahay2015
07-10-2022, 09:51 PM
Sort of. Servers do supply a log, so that they can observe all trading activity. They cannot see Print statements from the specialists tab if this is what you are asking for. Thanks

Some specialists print extensive info from the specialists tab, that alone could make sense to someone with the knowledge.

LuisYoGoLo
07-10-2022, 11:14 PM
Among the brokers whom I've experimented with, the MT4(5) in the broker either joins to their own in-house server or, joins into an Amazon Web Services IP for cloud computing.

The above connection is needed in order to possess connectivity for placing orders. I'd think this component is valid although this link is via SSL so it's not straightforward to tell what is being communicated.

The component that is questionable for me is, the obnoxiously and nearly-continuous relations from MT4(5) into MetaQuotes. Even a simple act of launching a chart in MT5 will attempt many connections with various subdomains of mql5.com

Of course that is via SSL again, it's not straightforward to tell what is being communicated.

So to your point BurgerKing, I envision the obnoxiously many links to MetaQuotes could be to inform about what charts you are opening, what indicators you are using, how your account is performing, etc., and assuming they like what they view, I imagine it would be simple to leech any substance by the platform directories like experts or indicators if they choose to.

I only know about networking as a hobby so I am hoping other more knowledgable ForexFactory members will look to it and let it be known just what is being communicated between MT4(5) and MetaQuotes; I simply tried looking into it myself and, I can capture the SSL traffic between my MT4(5) and also MetaQuotes servers with no problems. The part I am currently having problems with is currently extracting the general certification, creating the private certification, identifying the encryption and decrypting.

Perhaps there is a simpler way? I will post an update, When I figure it out.

Fertraspk
07-11-2022, 12:36 AM
Hi, I am new to Foreign Exchange. I would like to learn from you all, if I place an order (market order, pending order) with X lots, then altering the SL/TP, trailing stop, etc.. Lets saythe order has been changed after 1 minute from our opening order time. I am sure our broker can see all of that. But if someone out there may sniff to our community, what can he/she see (here I mean the BAD guy)? Can he/she view all, such as how big is that our order (lots)? And what's the effect / danger of this? I hear this poor guy at the conclusion can break into your room, and takes all of your hardware away...?? I am new in this field, so any information is welcome (particularly how to solve this). Thank you very much in advance.