PDA

View Full Version : MBTrading integrated with Mt4

Cabagok
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Just got this yesterday...I have been pushing this since two decades ago. IB was the only sound alternative. Anyways, this is great news. In case you dont know who MBT is subsequently never mind.

I like this eliminating the deal desk functionality of MT4 No limitations contrary to Catholics. No more requotes....

If it is as they say it is.... Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072144.png

MetaTrader 4 using MB Trading

Dear MBT Clients, We are very happy to announce that MetaTrader 4, that can be completely integrated into MB Trading#8217;s True ECN Execution, is currently available for live trading to the general public as a public Beta. As many of you're aware, we've spent countless amounts of time and energy completely taking away the deal desk functionality of MT4, while preserving as much of the consumer user experience as possible, such as the automated trading components.
Integration Notes: FIFO compliant; Expert Advisors focusing on a trade ID basis; Immediate and anonymous posting of Limit orders straight into the quotes for anybody else to see and execute against; No limit on closeness of Limit and Stop orders; Direct routing of market orders via proprietary algorithms to acquire best-price implementation against banks, customers, and other shadowy pools of liquidity; No requotes; without any limitations against scalping.

Miniiok25
12-18-2021, 08:08 AM
I have been'demonion' testing live small MBT MT4 account simply to see how platform is currently functioning. I am currently getting constantly the order confirmation window and not able to exit trades or enter new orders. I need to restart the platform nearly after every new order entry and obvoiusly if this is not fixed somehow I need to overlook trading MT4 through MBt, too bad as their pricing and spreads are fairly good! .

Jani,

Allow Me to ask you . . .do you use a monitor with your own primary. . .you understand, have two screens.

I ask because I had been having similar problems. I would open MT4 in my second monitor. I would edit ea's, place orders, etc. and the confirmation displays would come up and work good.

Then if I closed down everything and disconnected my secondary monitor MT4 would seem fine on my main but I was getting stuck as you describe on many of my displays. I discovered that in those cases my computer was opening the confirmation screens on what it believed was my secondary monitor that was now actually disconnected so I couldn't view them.

When I figured that out all I needed to do was make sure I opened confirmation type screens in my main track even once I had the secondary up and running. Then next time in the home with only 1 track on everything was fine. If I did get stuck with my displays on the phantom #2 I could just hit the escape button and it would close it out so that I could continue.

Would be interesting to see if anyone else has had this situation.

elyiyi78
12-18-2021, 09:29 AM
That sounds more like you are experiencing a problem on your computer. The platform crashing never happens to me and you also appear to have both a crash issue and browser issue. Don't try to open tickets. . .contact them or chat for MT support. I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling MT4 in a different directory, however, see what they say. . . Noticed also that my daily account history do match my equity and balance on'transaction' tab. . I will try to contact them chat one more time before transferring my balance to ATC... https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072802.png Anyhow I think ATC has better pricing and their platform appears to work good...

Also hate the FIFO accounting, which makes it difficult to read account history as opening and closing transactions are not matched such as in ticket predied and deadline all messed up, gives you a headache if you try to view trading history and try to match open to shut especially if having lot of transactions in same day...

-----------
BTW. . Just talked to MBT support and conclusion was fairly much their MT4 platform is custom construct and appears to require much more resources than regular MT4 when running habits broadcasts and indiors... although I've quite fast CPU and 8GB RAM (Win 7 64 bit so that I can actaully utilize more than 4 Gb ram!) , so resources should not be a problem... I think issue is much more that MBT custom platform just cannot handle same processing load as fundamental platform.

Conclusion was the better change to another intermediary if need to run custom things on MT4. And because of Mt4 being such a crappy platform I want to run custom scripts for example to get tick charts and constant range charts, as even these very basic things isn't default in MT4. MT4 is retail platform for smaller traders, and developed for brok#8364;r(they're paying customers ) not for serious traders!! , I have only made the mistake of beginning to developp systems and indiors on MT4, and can only code in MQL... someday I will change to C envioronment and shed MT4 all together... https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072802.png

Ana_1999
12-18-2021, 10:49 AM
Hi,

I have a strange issue with MBT MT4 platformI cant use any stop orders limit orders.
As an example lets say I purchased 10 lots EUR/USD @ 1.4900 Market Order. .
Then when I try to devote a pending order sell cease lets say @ 1.4850 it states Too Much Orders! And the exact same goes when limit orders for taking profit. What exactly does that mean? Is this related to this new NFA rules sorry I'm not very comfortable with it. . Or is it just a issue that is MT4?
Because everything is fine from the Navigator platform without any such problem.

elyiyi78
12-18-2021, 12:10 PM
1) Their online statements are FIFO based and just use that instead of the Trade tab in MT4. The accounts don't match intraday because of the differences in how MT4 does accounting versus the necessary FIFO accounting. It all ends up the same anyway.

2) The response you were given is incorrect. MT4 isn't a memory hog, no matter what broker you use. MBT doesn't have the ability to change the client software itself. I'd find a different service rep.
. . Not worth the fight, I will shut my account, with too much problems with MBT, nothing appears to work together and if I wind up making more proposal for fixing problems in relation to their own support. . Well... ATC and OANDA are my choises https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072802.png

araga73
12-18-2021, 01:31 PM
.. Noticed also that my daily account history do match my balance and equity on'transaction' tab. . I'll try to contact them on chat one longer before shing my balance to ATC... https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072802.png Anyway I presume ATC has improved pricing and their platform appears to work fine...

Also hate the FIFO accounting, makes it difficult to read account history as opening and closing trades are not matched like in ticket based and deadline all messed up, gives you a headache if you try to see trading history and try to match open to shut particularly if having lot of trades... 1) Their online statements are FIFO based and only use that instead of the Trade tab in MT4. The balances do not match intraday because of the differences in how MT4 does accounting versus the necessary FIFO accounting. It all ends up the same anyway.

2) The answer you're given is wrong. MT4 is not a memory hog, no matter what broker you're using. MBT doesn't have the capability to change the client software itself. I'd get a different support rep.

araga73
12-18-2021, 02:52 PM
I have been'demo' testing live little MBT MT4 account simply to see how platform is currently functioning. I am currently getting constantly the order verifiion window stuck, and not able to depart trades or enter new orders. I need to restart the platform nearly after each new order entry and obvoiusly if this isn't fixed somehow I need to overlook trading MT4 via MBt, also bad as their spreads and pricing are fairly good! .

I'm avare that MT4 is very bad fit for ECN type of intermediaries, and I suppose that this is evidence of it. However I'd have ... That sounds more like you are having a problem on your PC. The platform never occurs to me and you seem to have a crash issue and browser issue. Do not try to open tickets with them. . .contact them or better online chat for MT support. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling MT4 at a directory, but see what they say.

elyiyi78
12-18-2021, 04:13 PM
I have been'demo' testing reside little MBT MT4 account simply to see how platform is currently working. I am currently becoming constantly the order confirmation window and unable to depart trades or enter new orders. I need to restart the platform nearly after every new order entry and obvoiusly if this isn't fixed somehow I have to forget trading MT4 via MBt, too poor as their spreads and pricing are fairly good! .

I'm avare that MT4 is quite bad fit for ECN kind of intermediaries, and I suppose this is evidence of it. However I'd have though that as long as MBT chose to really lauch the MT4 platform it would do the job better!

Also I've tried to contact MBT on this issue several times by opening new Tickets, but not one of my browsers (FF or IE) cannot open the ticket responses!! So it really seems like I have everything stacked against me for being a customer with this broker! Would be interesting to know if I am the onlyone with this kind of issues?

Here's an image of the order screen which gets stuck almost every time that I try to shut open position, position is closed but need to restart platform to get rid or this window!
http://content.screencast.com/users/...ure(6).jpg

MOHA33
12-18-2021, 05:33 PM
I'm on demonion, so I expect that's the problem. I want to go live, therefore my question. Thank you.
There is plenty of documentation about it on these boards, especially in the MBT thread. Their Demo environment goes through rough periods. It had been good for a few months and was bad again this week, which indies they do some updates. Live environment is much smoother. Easiest and most effective thing to do is to start live account and exchange micros. Not much risk to check and actually gives you the taste.

AndreaFdewz93
12-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Nope. You demo (where there are issues this week) or Live (where there aren't)? I'm on demo, so I expect that is the problem. I want to go live, therefore my query. Thank you.

MOHA33
12-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Again, my MT4 is disconnected. Other people with the identical issue?

And MBT MT4 live traders: any problems with connection? Nope. You demo (where you will find problems this week) or Live (where there aren't)?

AndreaFdewz93
12-18-2021, 09:36 PM
My MT4 is disconnected. Other individuals with the identical issue?

And MBT MT4 live traders: any problems with connection?

AndreaFdewz93
12-18-2021, 10:56 PM
Now, my MB Trading MT4 demo was disconnected (running just two days).

What I see here, is that many people had problems using the demo in the past, but live everything functioned nicely. However, last article in this post was on oct 26 2009. I would like to know: does MB MT4 still do the job nicely today (reside )? Aren't there some connection problems?

miserabilay
12-19-2021, 12:17 AM
Discovered this post answers the demo problem questions.

Fredyro1
12-19-2021, 01:38 AM
My demo remains disconnected.

MOHA33
12-19-2021, 02:59 AM
the mbt mt4 demonion has disconnected itself for nearly an hour now, still no connection, it's weird. Not certain why. Expect live account would not do this.

While my other mt4 platforms are doing good. Live is obviously fine. Been running for ten weeks now without a single hiccup.

miserabilay
12-19-2021, 04:19 AM
The mbt mt4 demonion has disconnected itself for nearly an hour now, still no link, it's weird. Not certain why. Expect live account wouldn't do this.

While my other mt4 platforms are doing fine.

miliguixxem
12-19-2021, 05:40 AM
Well, I have been trying out the demonion MBT MT4 and I am thoroughly disappointed with the feed. In two weeks, when I've attempted to close trades on three occasions, I've got the message no link though the tick feed is still working.
Contacted Live Chat, and they said, Yeh, it occurs with the demonion but not the account. What fool in their right mind would believe that. If they can not get it right with the demonion, why have they solved the problem with the reside? Certainly, the demonion is the one which sells the dwell?!?
I'm giving... I second that encounter with MB. I enjoy them but their MT4 (demonion ) has got too many bugs now. Hard for me to trust the reside.

araga73
12-19-2021, 07:01 AM
I'm actually placing new limit/stops from the contrary direction. It seems that in th MT4 platform the system is viewing that as if I am attempting to hedge althogh I will not be! . The thing is the reason why from the navigator platform such thing does not exist?! . Or this is just from the demo navigator? Nav and Meta are not the exact same front end, that's the matter. Meta is a position established program, so if you are long EURUSD, then you may make separate EURUSD positions long. However, due to the new hedging rules, of course you can not also attempt to make a short position. That would be a hedge. You Need to manage the trades inside the trade using T/P and S/L. Nav is order based instead. You have one internet position and you place your transactions in the opposite way to handle that position.

araga73
12-19-2021, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback Indy. It appears I am going to have to start the Live account, and get the sense of it using micro lots until I'm comfortable with it. I'd decided only to stay with Navigator after that experience. On thinking of it, the issue of filling the orders on a demo has nothing to do with the link which worried me. I know the problems with filling orders in the demo, but this appeared a different issue.
But it appears that customers are delighted with the live account? I've read a few bad encounters with the dwell platform in beta--not... Like I said, I have been on Live for a while and had no difficulties.

Ana_1999
12-19-2021, 09:43 AM
Are you attaching the Take Profit or Cease reduction to the true order, or are you currently placing new Pending Limit/Stops in the opposite way?

If you are doing the former, then you are doing it properly and it should do the job. I'd contact their MT4 office to learn what's wrong.

But how you explain it (you used the term pending limits and stops), I think you are doing the latter, that is not correct. Essentially, the system views that you are trying to hedge by placing new trades in the opposite way, which you can't do....
I'm actually placing new limit/stops in the contrary direction. It seems that in th MT4 platform the machine is seeing that as if I am trying to hedge althogh I am not! . The thing is the reason why in the navigator platform something doesn't exist?! . Or this is just in the demo navigator?

calda
12-19-2021, 11:03 AM
Too bad you think that since you're passing up a fantastic live atmosphere. They have recorded and discussed the issues with Demo here on these forums. I have been because about June with Beta without any issues. Can not hedge in 1 account, but what else is perfect and 100%. Thanks for the comments Indy. It seems I am going to need to open the Live account, and get the feel of it with micro lots till I am comfortable with it. I'd decided just to remain with Navigator after that experience. On thinking of this, the problem of filling the orders on a demo has nothing to do with the connection that feared me. I know the problems with filling orders in the demo, but this looked a different issue.
But it seems that customers are delighted with the live account? I've read a few bad experiences with the dwell platform in beta--not being able to shut out orders, and losing money in the procedure, which rang a few bells in my mind. But micro lots gives me the chance to try it out, rather than risk a bucket of money, and I could always transfer the money back to Navigator if I am not happy.
Frank

calda
12-19-2021, 12:24 PM
I had this issue and Live Chat informed me that the pending orders are added to the amount of margin used, even though you haven't put the order yet. Therefore, if you're placing a separate order for SL or TP, you're basically decreasing the amount of margin utilized.

araga73
12-19-2021, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I have a strange problem with MBT MT4 platform, I cant use any stop orders limit orders.
For example lets say I bought 10 lots EUR/USD @ 1.4900 Market Order. .
Afterward when I try to put in a pending order market cease lets say @ 1.4850 it says Too Many Orders! And the same goes when limit orders for carrying profit. What does that mean? Is this associated with this new NFA rules sorry I am not very familiar with it. . Or is it only a issue that is MT4?
[size=3]Because everything is nice...
Are you attaching the Take Profit and/or Stop reduction to the true order, or are you placing new Pending Limit/Stops from the opposite direction?

If you are doing the former, then you're doing it correctly and it should do the job. I'd contact their MT4 office to find out what is wrong.

However, how you explain it (you used the term impending limits and stops), I presume you're doing the latter, which is not correct. Basically, the system views that you're trying to hedge by putting new trades in the opposite way, which you can not do.

luanatika
12-19-2021, 03:06 PM
Too bad you believe that because you're passing up a great live environment. They've documented and discussed the issues with Demo here on these forums. I have been in Live because about June with Beta without any issues. Can't hedge in 1 account, but what else is perfect and 100%. Well Stated. I have been live for a few weeks now without any issues at all.

araga73
12-19-2021, 04:26 PM
Well, I have been trying out the demo MBT MT4 and I am totally disappointed with feed. In two days, when I have tried to close trades on three occasions, I have got the message no connection though the tick feed is still working.
Contacted Live Chat, and they stated, Yeh, it happens with the demo but not the live account. What idiot in their right mind would consider that. If they can't get it directly with the demo, why have they solved the problem with the live? Surely, the demo is the one that sells the live?!?
I'm giving... Too bad you think that since you're missing out on a great live atmosphere. They've documented and discussed the issues with Demo here on these forums. I have been in Live since about June with Beta without any Problems. Can't hedge in one account, but everything else is perfect and 100%.

calda
12-19-2021, 05:47 PM
Well, I have been trying out the demonion MBT MT4 and I am totally disappointed with feed. In two days, when I've tried to close transactions on three occasions, I've the message no connection though the signal feed is still functioning.
Contacted Live Chat, and they stated, Yeh, it happens with the demonion but not the account. What fool in their right mind would consider that. If they can't get it right with the demonion, why have they solved the issue with the reside? The demonion is the one that sells the
I am giving up on their MT4 till they've got their act together a bit more.

araga73
12-19-2021, 07:08 PM
This is the right FIFO usage. 1 trade per currency is OK. FIFO basically kills Martingale Trading where you would like to close out in last to first order to lock from the profitable trade. No Hedging kills peeps with long term positions that want to profit from short term reverse currency movements. For traders that know how to use Martingale and Long/Short Trades those options are now gone in the USA. You can still run Martingale's on MB Trading's MT4, for example.

Hedging is a dumb notion to begin with. Should you buy 10 EURUSD and it goes up and you believe the EURUSD is going to pull back, there is no real difference between being in a position to hedge (promote a new loion while keeping the old open) and selling your 10 long to buy back following the pullback. It's only a mindgame men and women play themselves.

Having said that, where hedging can come to play is complex egies which may piece into several legs of a position and then start coming out while also getting another egy that's creating new positions from the other way. Nonetheless, in addition, this is readily solvable with MB. Just open two accounts and tweak your EAs to run long side-by-side entries in 1 account and short side position entries in the other. Works the specific same.

dylancasas
12-19-2021, 08:29 PM
nobody. He's got the description wrong. It doesn't apply to transactions in different currencies. With the deal desks, even if you open a EURUSD and then another EURUSD, then you have to shut the first step . EURGBP and then EURUSD wouldn't be related. Here is the right FIFO usage. 1 trade per currency is OK. FIFO basically kills Martingale Trading in which you would like to shut out last to first order to lock from the profitable trade. No Hedging kills peeps with long term positions that want to profit from short term reverse currency moves. For traders who know how to smartly use Martingale and Long/Short Trades those options are now gone in the united states.

Cabagok
12-19-2021, 09:49 PM
okay. Is the description above accurate? Kinda had me fearful.

Kavalieri
12-19-2021, 11:10 PM
No one. He's got the description incorrect. Yes, he surely does.

araga73
12-20-2021, 12:31 AM
Which broker uses this execution of the FIFO rules?

Forex will be almost entirely untradeable with these rules set up. No one. He has the description incorrect. It doesn't apply to transactions in different currencies. With the deal desks, even if you open a EURUSD and then another EURUSD, you need to close the first step first. EURGBP then EURUSD wouldn't be related.

Kavalieri
12-20-2021, 01:52 AM
well, if you trade more than one pair, it may be a big problem for you. State you receive your first trade from the eur/usd and then a second one from the eur/gbp. So your next trade is prepared to be closed. but nope! Can't close it! It was not the trade started! Now you need to wait for the first trade to close and then see your next trade loose since the first was not prepared to be closed! Which broker uses this implementation of the FIFO principles?

Forex will be almost entirely untradeable with these rules set up.

javiiisanchwz22
12-20-2021, 03:13 AM
First in First Out. is this for accounting ? Sorry, I have not been keeping up so far. Is tihs a issue for traders?

Nicely, if you trade more than 1 pair, it may be a large issue for you. Say you get your first trade in the eur/usd and then a second one in the eur/gbp. So your second trade is prepared to be closed. but nope! Can't close it! It wasn't the first trade started! Nowadays you have to wait for the first trade to shut and then see your second trade loose since the first wasn't prepared to be closed!

Also, I dl'ed the MT4 MBT demonion, however, it didnt provide me an id and password.

You have to go to their website and get to the live conversation and talk to a MT4 specialist on the live chat options. They will give you the demo info in an email

Cabagok
12-20-2021, 04:33 AM
First in First Out. is this for accounting ? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up to date. Is tihs a issue for traders?

Too, I dl'ed the MT4 MBT demonion, however, it will not give me an id and password.

javiiisanchwz22
12-20-2021, 05:54 AM
I recall demoing ATC mbt and the trades were far better with mbt in demo and live than ATC all around. I possess a beta mt4 MBT account but stopped using due to FIFO

and have not seen disperse lower than MBT on the AUD/NZD in anyone's mt4 In LIVE mode. . Not one single broker.

jjcatala
12-20-2021, 07:15 AM
oh I will not be familiar with ATC. MBT also broker for shares futures optinos etc.. Yeah the ATC MT4 is really good, but they only possess FX. What I like about them is commission is 8/100K round turn irrespective of pair traded. So, GU 100K is $8, whereas with MBT that same trade would be approximately $16 (100,000 Sterling=roughly $160,000 USD).

That Actually adds up over time! Of course it's a worse scenario if trading AUD or NZD, however I exchange largely GBP and EUR pairs, so for me it's better.

FYI...https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072144.png

Peace

Cabagok
12-20-2021, 08:36 AM
Oh I will not be knowledgeable about ATC. MBT also broker for shares futures optinos etc..

jjcatala
12-20-2021, 09:56 AM
just got this yesterday...I have been pushing this because two decades ago. IB was the only sound alternative. Anyways, this is great news. In case you dont know who MBT is subsequently never mind.

I enjoy this removing the deal desk functionality of MT4 No limitations against scalping. No requotes....

If it is as they say it is.... Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1528072144.png

MetaTrader 4 with MB Trading

Dear MBT Clients, we're pleased to announce that MetaTrader 4, which is completely integrated into MB Trading's Authentic ECN Execution, is currently... This same situation has existed with ATC for quite a while today, for approximately half the commission price of MBT...