PDA

View Full Version : Simplest system ever

pklentino
02-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I thought I'm gonna begin a new thread along with my daytrading system.

Look at preceding 2 bars. If yesterdays bars' low is higher than the one before AND close is higher than the open. Buy on the start of the current pub.
SL is 1/2 of those daily ATR. If SL hit reverse. Do this ONLY ONCE.
No take profit or break even. Close at the end of the day. Next day replie.

Short inverse.

System update. (18/02/2008)

individuals who like to keep positions longer. Basically if we get contnuously daily. We can do as follows. IF SL isn't hit the previous exit positions as they are. Open new positions the new day and place the SL as 1/2 of the ATR as usual. Adjust preceding days' SLs. Basically if we've got a 4-6 days swing we can do over thousand pips in profit. Wonderful?? https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

Bye.
BR

RaiusBaltar
08-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Thx for sharing

However, what about short trades?

Regards

pklentino
08-04-2023, 09:24 AM
Hello
which pairs are great for this
or doesnt matter?
Cheers I have run extensive analysis on the GBP/USD pair.
Result between 01/2007 and 10/2007 with the 15 min metatrader data resulted in approx 2000 pips when available is 8am in the morning and close is 8pm.
That is all. Hope this helps. Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

The analysis was done with a C analytical code written by myself. This is system that is raw. Could be improved largely I think.

pklentino
08-04-2023, 10:45 AM
I am using it daily basis as a foundation of my conclusions with success.
The secret is consistency and discipline as always.

Now I am running the same code on 10 currency pairs using correlation variables included and I can observe the outcome. I hope the risk drop considerably as a consequence of diversisfiion.

Rocky
08-04-2023, 12:06 PM
I've run extensive analysis about the GBP/USD pair.
Result between 01/2007 and 10/2007 using the 15 minute metatrader data resulted in approx 2000 pips when available is 8am in the morning and shut is 8pm.
That is all. Hope this helps. Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

The analysis was done using a C analytical code written by myself. This can be system that is raw. Could be improved I think. Thanks for that
will try this tomorrow

pklentino
08-04-2023, 01:27 PM
Thought will make some useful contribution tocliqforexafter a series of questionable articles and threads of my mental wellbeing. https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

pklentino
08-04-2023, 02:47 PM
Yet another thing that I forgot the evaluation above covers ONLY the extended transactions. I forgot to mention that. I'm working today on the next version of the code that tests in the other side also. ie shorts.

pklentino
08-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the rest vote. https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

pklentino
08-04-2023, 05:29 PM
The system I am proposing here can be an idea of something distinct but we will not overcomplie things. Basically the diversifiion is 1 key to reduce the risk. And when we keep the system easy tools can be managed by us. Hint. So Say. We look at probabilities of price action similar to this one plus a bunch of instruments.

That I have no opportunity to watch the market whole day therefore the rationale behind this. I wake up look at the chart for 1 second of every tool. Select a bunch. Place in the orders. Close PC and perform some thing. Everything whataver is the circumstance. Start procedure. I do close everything GMT and this GMT. I really do use a bunch of other items like pivots, mas and so on but that is a distinct strory.

pklentino
08-04-2023, 06:50 PM
I'm also going to analyse things such as outbars and inbars for instance. However, for today we remain in the domain of higher low and near higher domain for long.

ahorameves
08-04-2023, 08:10 PM
Hi BullRock
Thank you for sharing,but which time frames will you use this method to.
Regards

pklentino
08-04-2023, 09:31 PM
I have voted luck, since I have traded with this system before.... https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png
https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png
https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png

pklentino
08-04-2023, 10:52 PM
That also correlates with my results. So far as the MM is concerned diversifiion is 1 key to this. Subsequently the analysis of pubs is the other. Also I'm using the slope of a moving average. Afterwards I can post pics.

pdrusko
08-05-2023, 12:13 AM
Seems interesting, really simple, not time consuming and performing...

pklentino
08-05-2023, 01:33 AM
Thx for sharing

However, what about short Transactions?

Regards Same do the reverse. If preceding high is lower than the one before and the close is lower than the open. Sell on the start. SL is currently 1/2 of the daily ATR. If SL struck reverse. That DAY, do.

Lousky77
08-05-2023, 02:54 AM
I believed I am gonna start a new thread with my daytrading system.

Look at preceding 2 pubs. If yesterdays pubs' low is greater than the one before AND close is greater than the start. Buy on the open of the current pub.
SL is 1/2 of those daily ATR. If SL hit reverse. Do this ONLY ONCE.

Short inverse.

Bye.
BR
What's the ATR lookback?
Due

pklentino
08-05-2023, 04:15 AM
looks intriguing, really simple, not time consuming and performing... Thanks. Of course one shouldn't bet the farm. So I think 1%-2% risk is that the max. Basically on a really bad day if risk 1 percent compared to 2% of their account can be gone. On a series of very bad days than can be substantial. Shit can occur as they say. This isn't a holy grail. I would risk 0.5% on any pair in one direction. Find small correlated pairs and apply the process on 10. The cumulative risk might be approximately 5%-10% but the ACTUAL risk might be reduced due to the non-correlation. I am doing the calculations I do not have yet specific replies.

pklentino
08-05-2023, 05:36 AM
Rules can be also applied by one. I've published. I am using it on a daily basis and it makes consistent profits. My calculations, such as spread, slippage factor etc revealed 2000 pips for approx 200 times!!! That's 10pips a day on average. BUT THAT IS AVERAGE.

The statistician stated that the river 1 m deep on AVERAGE and the drowned. https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527366956.png . So one can have 10 loosing days and the 10 winning days in a row. Can you endure that. Well one should modifie into the ones flavor so it can be accepted emotionally and not violated!!!

pklentino
08-05-2023, 06:57 AM
This isn't a good day for this particular egy. Oh well.

pklentino
08-05-2023, 08:17 AM
This isn't a good day for this particular egy. Oh well. So basically the system again plays out well. Since we have closed with a lesser low the Friday. I went brief the GU. And so far so good. There's also a system update on the first article.

Broly87
08-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Yep. Basically if we only use the greater low/lower low rule and nothing else. A 53% chanche is the day will shut in our favour. I havent mentioned anything regarding the daily volatility and these only that IT WILL CLOSE IN OUR FAVOUR. Also I have made calculations concerning the missed pips.

So if we keep on AVERAGE the SL at 59 pips then we're fine. The AVERAGE profit with this particular system is 70 pips on a successfull moment. That usually means that 47 percent of the time we loose 59 pips and 53% of the time we make 70 pips. Do the math and we get an evrage system. If we include the volatility variable that is the GU will fly 200 pips in our direction simply to fall back 130 pips then there's the rationale behind my take profit egy.

So the setup could function as follows
If low is greater than formerly buy. SL 59 out of open. TP 60,120,180 and 240 pips out of open. Unit 5 depart until day's end.

Brief the reverse. Hey, if the aforementioned stats of 47% loss of 59 pips and 53% win of 70 pips still stands, it is not bad at all....

It'll produce over 900 pips however is that in a month?

Or has the latest stats changed a lot?

pklentino
08-05-2023, 10:59 AM
hey, if the aforementioned stats of 47% reduction of 59 pips and 53% triumph of 70 pips still stands, it's not bad at all....

It will create over 900 pips but is that in a month?

Or has the most recent statistics changed a lot? Well based on my calculations 1 unit/ no tp it's made 2000 pips between 2007/01 and 2007/10. I havent measured the enhnacements yet completely that's that the TPs and the depart at the end of the day open what you have if the signal is the same rule. So you may be quite right.

But imagine this HYPTHETICAL scenarion.

Day 1.
Open 5 units.
EOD. 60 120 TP. 3*40 pip floating

Day two.
Open 5 Components.
EOD. 60 120 TP. 180 240 from previous day 3*40 pip floating 100 pip from previous day....

And so on...
At the end of this 5th bullish day you may have easily made up 1000 pips accumulative.

https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527367309.jpg

pklentino
08-05-2023, 12:20 PM
The unit is not closed at the end of every day only if you close everything becuse of this change of signal. So basically unit 5 rides th trend up/down from day 1. If you forget the market must close higher/lower rule. You then can have easily 5-10 day sequential sign times...

Broly87
08-05-2023, 01:40 PM
I wonder if the SL is kept below or over the daily pub might keep one in a profitable commerce more? Especially, together with the up/down of Dow Jones with such a great influence now....of course, the risk is still 1 or 2 percent.

pklentino
08-05-2023, 03:01 PM
I wonder if the SL is retained below or above the daily pub might keep one in a profitable commerce more? Especially, together with the up/down of Dow Jones having such a fantastic influence now....of course, the risk remains 1 or 2 percent. Good question. I was thinking initially just to continue regular as it is. Except that if the new day has the exact same signal as the old day I would leave the rest of the positions as they pull and are on the SL to BE or to the SL of the new moment. Something like this.

pklentino
08-05-2023, 04:22 PM
I am going to post from today daily that the positions and the cumulative p/l. We will see how it goes.

pklentino
08-05-2023, 05:43 PM
What would happen if

1. Instead of using stop losses we would hedge.
2. Instead of using just 1 twist we'd flip 2-3 or as many occasions as the market turns. This might help avoid days once the sl/reversal is hit then to hit on the sl again and again then to ride 200 pips.

davideokchar18
08-05-2023, 07:03 PM
Bullrockwe search for lower highs and higher lows to determine direction, things to do when we get an external pub say in a downtrend which may get a greater high,reduced low and greater close that could be considered bullish?

pklentino
08-05-2023, 08:24 PM
Bullrockwe search for lower highs and higher lows to ascertain direction, what to do if we get an outside bar say in a downtrend that might have a higher high,reduced low and higher near which could be considered bullish? Yes. Very good point. I'm actually working on a system where every day we can ascertain with a certain likelihood the leadership of the next bar ie price action. The reduced , higher low is that the initial element, which has the potential to be next ie inbar/outbar.

Thanks for the idea
I will post some stats after.

Regards
BR

pancepkrripk
08-05-2023, 09:45 PM
I have run extensive analysis on the GBP/USD pair.
Impact between 01/2007 and 10/2007 using the 15 min metatrader data led to approx 2000 pips if available is 8am in the morning and close is 8pm.
That is all. Hope this helps. Https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527367309.jpg

The analysis was done using a C analytical code composed by myself. This is raw system. Could be improved I believe. Whenever you include time statements within an international forum please indie which timezone you are referring to. For instance, when you say 8am to 8pm are you referring to GMT time? Or EST time? PST? MST?

Please tell us that as you can.

Thank you.

miva
08-05-2023, 11:06 PM
Is it yesterday's close has to be greater than yesterday's start?

Hi gnllr

Ok. So.
Yesterday's reduced must be greater than the prior day's low. We do not care about the large (for long) AND yesterday's CLOSE has to be greater compared to OPEN.

Ivanpicr
08-06-2023, 12:27 AM
4 visual (if I understood correct) prev.bars: higherlowbool / lhbear?
https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/1527367309.jpg
https://www.cliqforex.com/attachments/15273673151071608932.mq4

miva
08-06-2023, 01:47 AM
Bullrock, can you please post a few charts of a few transactions?

Rocky
08-06-2023, 03:08 AM
I believed I am gonna begin a new thread along with my daytrading system.

Look at previous 2 bars. If yesterdays bars' low is higher than the one before AND close is higher than the open. Buy on the start of the current pub.
SL is currently 1/2 of the daily ATR. If SL hit reverse. Do this ONLY ONCE.

Short reverse.

Bye.
BR Hi
which pairs are great for this
or doesnt matter?
cheers